Warsun X609

The Warsun X609 is a interesting low budget offer based on 2x 18650 (3000mAh). Despite the unrealistic lumen claims there can be a few things said for this industrial mutant of a light:

Some time ago , no more than 2 months , I bought this X609 on Aliexpress , just cause of its aestetics , aluminium body and 2x 18650 ( 2200mAh ) , hoping that the “dissipate heat” (!!!) will do the job…I was planning to change the batteries with 2x3500 mAh , Samsung , the wires with 18 AWG , check the thermal paste and replace it with Arctic ( as I am doing with ALL the budget flash lights that I’m buying ! ) I was really dissapointed with what I found inside ! By the way , all the “guts” are coming out from the front side , after removing the 4 screws from the head , and the 2 screws from the sides ( not the ones from the bottom , where you can see the batteries ) . The whole dissipation is done by a shoulder in the body , no more than 1 mm (!!!) and then I understood why was stepping down and I could not feel any heat coming out…
I had to file the plate with the leds and glue under , with thermal adhesive , a hand made radiator that is going up , in the zone of optics…, long story , short , a PITA…
The batteries had only 1600-1700 mAh (!!!) each , the wires were not silicone and thin…After few days of work I managed to put everything back together… Now the dissipation is good , you can feel it in the whole body but I noticed that after 1 minute or so it steps down from turbo to medium with no noticeable heat…, there is a timed step down , in order to protect the led in the original form . But now I can get in turbo mode , time and time again until the batteries are depleted !
So , if you have nothing else to do and you need a challenge , just buy it ( but , believe me , is not worth …)

1 Thank