WAVIEN collars are BACK! Are you interested? [group buy over]

So that’s a no go, shame……

O well, maybe TN31 or otherwise TN42 or Nitecore TM36 Lite (IF I can find fitting lenses with correct focal length…)

Cheers,
Nico

Also, anything that has a 32mm or larger LED MCPCB will 100% fit the collar.

I’ll check a couple of lights then :slight_smile:

But I’m sure it will fit my BLF GT, and combined with a quality lens from Optolife and a shaved XHP70.2 with 8-9A……………

Grtz
Nico

Yeah that’s pretty sweet, for less than $100 you can upgrade the GT from 1 to like 3mcd :stuck_out_tongue:
I think opening the GT head is the hardest part.

Craptastic!

The pill has enough top diameter for the collar. I would suggest completely doing away with the whole emitter cavity (11mm deep, by the way), and just leaving a ∅20×≈2mm trench on top for the emitter board (trench depth to be discussed). This would also allow a deeper driver cavity. However, since the emitter would sit 11mm higher than normal we would also need to devise a way for the head to climb up 11mm higher.

Cheers :-)

My personal superthrower "The Sceptre" uses a Mag host with a turbo head. The collar will fit on top of a Mag heatsink slug, and the head threads / heatsink height can be used to fine tune focus. I would recommend that type of host for anyone considering a build with a wavien collar.

The GT is another excellent candidate for a collar. The Optolife lens is close to fitting but not perfect. With today's 3d printing technology, it is just a CAD file and a 3d print job away from existing. I think a design could be developed to allow anyone to print the mounting system which mounts the Optolife lens securely in the GT at the correct height. There would need to be a bottom piece to center the lens and hold its height relative to the LED, and a top piece that is secured by the bezel and holds the top of the lens securely. An additional piece to space the collar from the LED and center it is also needed.

Here is the lens they have:

It is 50mm, with an EFL of 50mm, and a BFL of about 42mm. It will be $35, so pretty decent price.
“we would have no problem selling the matching 50mm F/1 aspheres also. We have those custom made, so the more we can sell the better. It is difficult to find good imaging F/1 lenses on the street. Because these have very good imaging and tolerances, they too are somewhat expensive”

The response was good so the deal for the collars is going through :smiley: I will make a post when I get the link/code to buy.
Thanks to all you guys who are true enthusiasts, this couldn’t happen without you :slight_smile:

If it makes them cheaper I’d buy more than one lens.

I would be interested in 1 collar and 1 lens.

Thanks!

That lens looks nice, and although it is not quite BLF-priced I expected it to be more expensive actually :slight_smile: Still in for a collar plus lens!

Do you have any idea yet of the distribution logistics? (Shipping from the US to abroad tend to kill deals bigtime)

Yeah, I will put all the details together in one thread tomorrow when I get the purchasing code.
They will ship from within the US, so it should be pretty cheap.
Free shipping if you spend over $100 too.

LOL, I’m sure moving around stuff within the US is cheap but to get it out of the US with reasonable shipping costs is the challenge, and I’m sure that spending $100 will not get me free shipping to Europe.

Good point, put me down for six, flipping them won’t be a problem.

And not to speak about the tax we will have to pay. :person_facepalming:

I found a fresnel lens for the GT with 100mm focal lenght: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/round-acrylic-fresnel-lens-diameter-130mm-focal-length-50mm/32668429254.html
What do you think about it?

Where to get a 7070 MCPCB for the GT?

That board is mentioned twice, TA said that maybe Lumintop will make it available, and led4power asked a few weeks ago if there would be interest for it. I’m afraid that led4power may have stopped his initiative because of the mention of the Lumintop board, and who knows when the Lumintop board will be available….

OK, that means we have to wait.
Lumintop has it already because its the MCPCB of the SD75, but they have to put them to the market.

When is the deadline to enter GB ?

The SD75 MCPCB is a 6V mcpcb. You really want a 12v mcpcb for the GT so that you do not have to change the carriers and do a lot of other mods to make it work.

You can modify the SD75 mcpcb but it is not easy.

It’s not really a group buy, just a limited time sale.
idk when they will close off sales, I’ll find out today when I get more info.