WAVIEN collars are BACK! Are you interested? [group buy over]

Daaamn 561kCd is no joke in this relatively small host !
Mine at 300kCd is already fun to play with but you’re in another dimension now !
Congratulations :smiley:

Nice mod Djozz :+1:

You even have flood mode with that RA fitted :beer:

I think we did not seen collar builds with flood mode?

Although it really makes this light more versatile, the flood is not very wide and not as bright as without collar because light is blocked by the collar and the lens is only partly used (see the dust particles)

Interesting.

Can you try B158 lenses in Cometa host Djozz?

I mean if we can get more than 400 kcd with white flat in B158 host than same B158 lens(50mm) should produce at least 700-800 KCD with ra mod(that would be world record in 50mm? ) but of course in some other host since RA can’t be fittet to original B158 host?

I even have a superb-quality 50mm lens that was offered together with the collar that are a perfect match and that should bring this light to over 850 kcd.

But that would require quite some McGyvering and result in an exposed lens on top of the bezel.

What is nice about the Cometa/Jaxman Z1 is that without major and ugly modifications the collar can be applied and the stock Cometa lens is of very good quality and has the correct focal length to match this collar.

I really would have liked the collar to fit into the B158 but it just doesn’t, or perhaps it does fit but I can’t see how it can be done.

It will not fit in B158B…

But I thought you could try B158 lenses in Cometa light since you still have zoomie (push pull function)?

The B158 lens can not be fitted on place of where the Cometa lens sits because the hole is just 40mm. It could work on the very top of the bezel if the focal length is right. But I think that records are reserved for functional finished flashlight builds, not for a lens taped on top of a bezel.

Yes of course… Finished functional light is what matters.

But I would still be curious to try it and to see possible throw figures on lux meter of certain aspherical lenses.
Even if that means redneck duct tape method on top of Cometa head :disguised_face:

RichFire SF-390 with 70 mm lens and brass pill 20mm driver/16mm led do the job i think.

18650 single battery direkt drive with the new osram and low amp (6amp) battery

https://www.google.be/search?q=RichFire+SF-390&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiby8ndt_DeAhWC_qQKHeHOCysQ_AUIDigB&cshid=1543179625155000&biw=1463&bih=742

Anyone know where to get one of these Witchcraft lenses???

AFAIK the only way currently is to find one second-hand, or by way of something from MarineBeam example

You need to find someone to sell you one second hand or rip it out of the flashlight posted above

Would it be worth approaching marine beam again if there are few people here that want them?

I would be interested in one more, the one that I had is built into a flashlight now, and I like it, but I’m sure I will think of new ideas if I have another one.

You did a fantastic job on that jax! quite envious , i really want to drop one into this 7g5 the 67mm lens has a considerably tighter beam :slight_smile:

I asked them randomly a few weeks ago with no success but don’t want to discourage anyone. They are probably less apt to do a 1 off than to get permission to arrange a batch though

answer might be different if there is at least 10 of us waiting to order

Marinebeam:

Doesn’t sound like something they will arrange again for just 10 buyers.

On the plus side I see there is a new flashlight in the market with a collar:

Light Recycling Technology in the New Microfire Excalibur H20 Microfire Excalibur H20

Yeah… I saw that its basically how my 7g5 will be if i ever find a colar for it… same size Aspheric think i have a better emitter , and obviously a little extra current :slight_smile: 399 dollars is a little out of budget range

Its 400? Lol