Weird flashlight, is this for real...???

https://m.banggood.com/AURKTECH-HD-1080P-IP56-Waterproof-Video-Sound-SOS-Funtion-Camera-Recorder-Flashlight-p-1150518.html?currency=USD&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_campaign=rm-dpa-df-other-all18&utm_content=ruby&utm_ho=18

Flashlight with a video camera, just weird looking, maybe we can mod it to play spooky videos at night, or do some augmented reality to light up objects that are not there, ghosts and stuff… Kids would love it!

What other weird flashlights have you encountered online???

Camera?…
Would be really neat if it was a handheld Projector too.
That would make it the perfect for those long nights on security patrol.

We’ll I guess a higher end security could justify it to record “problems” encountered. It may have niche market.

I really expected to see 2X higher price tag than it is.

It’s possible the item is real, but the two feedbacks sounds fake.

(5-star) Nice Unit
Very Nice Packaging and a high quality unit that works quite well.

(5-star) Nice Item
Solid material , works as described , good value for your money

YOUR money?? Sounds like the seller talking. Not to mention the commas in the second one are executed incorrectly with a space on both sides. Seems like a translation mistake. And for an item this weird both feedback should be longer and more emotional. Not clones of each other.

the world is full of strange things so its maybe real

This is pretty odd. I looked at the desktop version of the listing and it looks like it is supposed to be a camera/flashlight hybrid. I guess it may be okay for recording weird first person perspective stuff? And at night you would have lighting right there? I can’t imagine it is quality though. Honestly, I can only picture this being used for being creepy… haha

Does it have Blast processing? :laughing:

I saw this one 3 years ago, no screen though.
Fastech still has them.

Does it have cable ? \

or hdmi input ?

blinding people and watching Youtube …two of my favorite things …
i’m in for two .

Those have been around for a little while, although that one is the only one I know of with a built in screen. Mainly marketed for LEO / police… IIRC.

Jeffs review here:

I’ve been eye-ing those. Right now I have to cigar hold a small flashlight with my camera in hand, when I want to film in the dark. not really ideal.

I think it is quite hard to get the footage leveled.

The specified screen resolution (960 × 240) is very weird, and neither it seems to be of 16:9 format, it clearly looks like 4:3. In this age of square pixel proportions, I'd say this means the actual screen resolution is more like 320 × 240, enough for the very small screen size.

The real question, I believe, is how good is the device actually. Emitter should be high CRI, with a well known colour temperature and spectral distribution for it not to cause havoc in the footage quality. And let's hope they're not using pulse width modulation (could be funny).

Cheers ^:)

All good points

Image stabilization can also be a problem with small action cams. You can digitally stabilize in post though.

I found a few camera lights and put them at the bottom of this post - Available multi-colour flashlights

I believe you can also get camera bike lights. That kinda highlights there is a market for these things - insurance, security etc…