What are you drinking??

Tullamore Dew. Used to do Templeton Rye Cask Strength but kinda burnt out on it. Tullamore Dew is much smoother.
Used to drink Meier’s Old #44 Creme Sherry (Cincinnati winery) but don’t have access to it here in the State of Misery (Missouri) unless I want to pay outrageous shipping charges. Guess I’ll wait until someone I know is going in that direction.

Lol, It’s right up there. Funny thing is too I am type 2. Hard times right now. :beer:

Only time I had SC was waaaaaaaaay back on a ski trip near Montreal. Never tasted it back then, we put the b00ze out in the snow outside our rooms (amazingly, none got stolen!).

Wellp, getting ready to hit the bus (hotel to slopes), I asked what that was, and one of my roomies took the water-glass, pretty much filled it more’n halfway with SC, and gave it to me. Sweet, but inoffensive, so yeah, I polished it off. Can’t waste it, y’know?

Ho boy.

I was still crashing into things on the slopes like on earlier days, but this time I didn’t much care. Or feel it.

Was kinda funny, lying flat on my back right under the lifts, laffing my ass of like “Arthur” (Dudley Moore), waving at the people going overhead. “Did you see that? I fell right on my ass! Haaaaahhahaha!”

Had a great time, though, all things considered.

Oh yeh, I caught that above about the split. My condolences.

Can’t let them get to ya like that, though. Otherwise… They Win. (My own philosophy, but it works.)

Thank you. Hanging in there at the moment, It’s never easy and always hard. It gets better though right. :beer:

The good old days when things where easier, Arthur was a great movie and his laugh lol. I can hear it now lol.

Shouldn't have been messing around with 16 year old girls in the first place .

Seems we all have a Southern Comfort story. Mine was in the 70s on my 18th birthday(legal drinking age in NY back then). Also was a blizzard going on but didn’t let that stop me from hitting the bar. Long story short, drank a good part of a bottle, got stuck driving home ( I know, shouldn’t drive and drink. Different times back then), dented my fender and had to walk over a mile to get home. Never touched the stuff again. Puked and I never puke. Can’t stand the sight of it after that.

Back in college at UTK in the late seventies we liked to go to Ober Gatlinburg to ski. Place was kinda sucky as a ski slope but the Olde Heidelburg Castle bar made us “snakebites”. Big shot of Southern Comfort with a generous splash of lime juice. They were positively addictive. You would be hammered before you knew it, cause they went down so smooth & easy. Still have a few each winter now.

with German Chocolate Cake.

Found out the winery now offers shipping - a recent development. If I order three bottles it only costs me the same as a single bottle to ship them. I think that’s a reasonable cost to get some more of their spectacular sherry. When I lived in Iowa there was a store in Minnesota that would ship for free as long as one ordered over a certain amount. This comes out to about the same cost.

Just count the carbs and adjust the insulin injection to compensate. Some extra work, but helps keep the A1C down. :slight_smile:

Just opened the High West Double Rye.

MMmmmm… Tasty.

Good stuff if you like Rye. Otherwise get an Old Fashion made with Rye.

What?! Right now? Ok, Kaski, Finnish single malt! I’m not even Finnish, bet, they have something going on here!

Meier’s Old Number 44 Creme Sherry, Meier’s Vineyards, Cincinnati, Ohio

:+1:

Every man is an island, the grief from a breakup is having to give up on the self deception that this isn’t the case

Really like the Crown Royal Salted Caramel.
But its last years seasonal flavor , And I cant find it anywhere now :frowning:

Today I’ve tried an organic fermented ginger shot. Pressed ginger and apple juices, fermented and sold in the cutest little 70ml glass pickling-style jar. And fiercely delicious. Too bad it’s super expensive so it’s doomed to remain a sometimes-treat.

Beak & Skiff. Rose seltzer

Not my usual jam, but seems better than other seltzers.