What are you listening right now ?

Johnny Winter And – "It's My Own Fault" (live, 1970)

This is the lineup that features Rick Derringer and Randy Jo Hobbs, formerly of the McCoys.

It was quite a surprise when the band that topped the charts in 1965 with "Hang On Sloopy" hooked up with Johnny Winter. As members of Johnny Winter And, however, they morphed into a monster rock & blues unit.

This is a slow blues composed by Riley King.

1 Thank

Hiromi – "I Got Rhythm" (live, 2017)

Hiromi Uehara is a virtuoso jazz pianist who has been making waves since the early 2010s. Her compositional style is a cross of many genres, including, says Wikpedia, "stride, post-bop, progressive rock, classical, nu jazz and fusion."

This video even includes hints of avante garde jazz or classical (or something!). The longer I listened, the more I was mesmerized. By the end, I was a huge fan!

Okay, now rewatch/relisten while mentally picturing a car2n of a cat chasing a mouse, and a dog chasing the cat, as they tear up the house and yard.

Going in’n’out of cabinets, up the chimney and around the backyard, back in and down the basement, through the washer, out the window, getting snagged in the clothesline, etc.

That’d be a great soundtrack for that! :joy::scream_cat::hamster::dog::skull:

1 Thank

Works for me! The parts where she rapidly hammers down with alternating hands would be perfect for a scene of a dog slapping down with alternate paws, slipping while trying to get the chase started. And since she changes styles two or three times a minute, you could adjust the cartoon accordingly.

Dire Straits – "Sultans of Swing" (live, 1983)

Smiles, all around! Mark Knopfler is fantastic, as is guitar mate Hal Lindes, and drummer Terry Williams is a powerhouse. His crisp drumming is the driving force that keeps pushing this up-tempo number forward.

This performance was recorded during a two-night stand at London's Hammersmith Odeon on 22-23 July 1983. The concerts came at the end of an eight-month tour that had the band tuned to a T.