What beard trimmer/body groomer do you like?

I have three beard trimmers/body groomers.

The first one I bought is the Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100, BG2040.

It doesn't trim hair very well, which is weird because Norelco shavers are my favorite shavers.

The second one I bought is the Remington MB4045B.

It trims hair fine, but the plastic attachment is pokey and scratches my skin.

The third one I bought is the Braun Beard Trimmer BT5240.

It trims hair very well, and the plastic attachment doesn't scratch me.

You have to hold it at a weird angle (as seen above), but other than that, it's excellent.

I got mine on eBay for $25, so it's reasonably priced.

What beard trimmer/body groomer do you like?

This one is pretty good and cheap —- The only gripe I have —sometimes you hit the switch while using it — turns it off

@chops728:

Wow, that's inexpensive and looks like a good choice.

I have the same one . Good product.

—I got this one with a Vipon deal for $11.13. Best cordless trimmer I ever owned and I’ve own quite a few. Unfortunately it is unavailable now on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVW9N28/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also have a Wahl model? that comes close.

Edit. Meant to say Wahl, not Braun.

I had to do a Double Take —- I thought the brand was BestBong

I see there are other models from Bestbomg being sold but I have no clue if they are equally good. This one has the power of a corded trimmer and it cuts on the first pass.

Lol, perfect for trimming your green.

For me, I just use a standard Wahl brand trimmer set.

I’m in my second of these, the battery finally died after a few years use on the first.
Philips QC5570/13 DIY Easy Reach 180 Degree Hair Clipper.
6000 ratings 4 1/2 stars in Amazon.

I’ve gone through a number of clippers and trimmers over the years, and I’ve found Wahl is invariably superior to comparable and even more expansive options.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BN1TW7C

Looks pretty large.

A bit bulkier than some but not excessively so.
What surprised me was the price in the US because everything is usually much cheaper there, but this clipper is £35 in the UK- considerably cheaper. I assume that’s because Philips is originally a Dutch company.

I bought an oster 76 because I cut my own hair and also use it for my face but got sick of my cheaper clippers always breaking. They have a rotary motor instead of a magnetic one so they will last my whole life and i have a blade i can use that goes as close as an electric shaver. It feels like when you shave with a razor in the morning but its now evening.

Necrobump!

To recap the original post, my current beard trimmer is the Braun Beard Trimmer Series 5 BT5240, which was released in 2018.


amazon.com
It works well, though the trimming height adjustment sometimes moves when it shouldn’t.
I figured I would try to order something better.

…

I was looking at the Braun Beard Trimmer Series 9 9440, which was released in 2024.


I have an Amazon link that was working yesterday, but it’s not working today.
walmart.com
The height adjustment is supposed to be able to lock.
This particular model is occasionally $50 or less on eBay.

…

I was also looking at the Panasonic Beard Trimmer ER-SB40-K, which was released in 2017.


amazon.com
I think this is the only Panasonic Beard Trimmer with a Li-Ion cell, but it’s usually pricey on eBay.

…

I ended up ordering the Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7000 BT7670, which was released in 2025.


This beard trimmer is fairly new, so there aren’t a ton of customer reviews out there.
It doesn’t have very good feedback on Amazon, but it has much better feedback on other websites.
amazon.com
usa.philips.com
bestbuy.com
abt.com
walmart.com
I should be receiving it in about a week.
I hope I like it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Thank

USB-A cable :distorted_face:

Ah well, better than proprietary mains charger which is my pet hate for electric toothbrush and beard trimmer.

1 Thank

Yeah, I’m not a fan of proprietary options when nonproprietary options exist. :man_shrugging:

ER-CBL1 Multishape motor comes in either LiPo or Li-ion and you add the attachments you need. I don’t recommend it though. Twice, without any undue stress or dropping, the plastic tabs on the comb have snapped off making adjustment impossible. The plastic is tiny, brittle flimsy stuff and Panasonic refuse to acknowledge the design fault or replace broken ones.

Good to see Panasonic facing facts with their naming of trimmers too. No, ahem, beating around the bush with this one.:smiley:

1 Thank

(post deleted by author)

I stand corrected.
Thanks for the feedback on the ER-CBL1.
I’ll avoid that one along with the other similar Panasonic models. :grin:

I wouldn’t name my product something like that.
I’d use “groin” instead because it’s less offensive and can apply to any gender, but that’s just me. :upside_down_face:

I’m still milking mine for as long as I can, despite runtime getting less and less.

Might have to look into another one sometime soon.