What blade did you EDC today?

Ganzo FBKnife FH922 today:

Honey Badger

Smith & Wesson HRT automatic.

Mini Osborne

With tomorrow beginning the Chinese New Year in this part of the world, decided to carry a burgundy Civivi Baby Banter to work today.

Kershaw Al Mar AM-4 2330!

I received this knife today.

I like it a lot, and it looks very classy in person.

My latest purchase is my second Petrified Fish Scout with black G-10 scales and Sandvik 14C28N steel.

Itā€™s a front flipper (my first) and Iā€™m getting the hang of it. Itā€™s smooth (bearings on the pivot) lightweight and the perfect size for my coin/watch pocket on my pants. Itā€™s got a 3ā€ blade thatā€™s reasonably stout for a knife this size but with the full flat grind, the thickness behind the edge is really nice and thin. Nice point and slicy geometry. The overall length is just a bit longer than a traditional Swiss Army Knife. The lockup is really nice too. The lockbar engages early and will take years of flipping and working to migrate across the blade. Itā€™s really got some excellent thought put into the design. G-10 backspacer and a nice deep pocket carry clip.

Iā€™ve been looking for an inexpensive blade ($40 range) with this steel because itā€™s a nice blend of stainlessness, toughness and with a keen edge thatā€™s easy to sharpen. Iā€™ve heard a number of Youtubers praise this steel for lower-cost knives and Iā€™m going to enjoy it. Do a search on Youtube for it and see for yourself.

Nice knife! Iā€™ve always liked the look of Al Mar blades. Sleek and beautiful. I did a recent ebay search for their old Gunstock model and they were asking $500 for it! I wish theyā€™d reissue it like some of the other ones theyā€™ve had for sale for years.

I have this knife. I like the shape and design. However, it is a little small for my long fingers and that makes it a little awkward for front-flipping. The detent strength on mine is a little weak too and that doesnā€™t help. It would be a better fit for me if it was a little larger. Of course, being this size makes it convenient to carry. (The best front-flipper Iā€™ve tried is the larger TS262 from TwoSun. The ergonomics are incredible!)

Iā€™ve had a lot of knives in 14C28N over the years and I remain a fan. Sure, the edge retention might not be on par with todayā€™s super steels but in a budget knife, who cares? Like 9Cr18Mov, itā€™s a solid step up from 8Cr13Mov and will offer ā€œgoodā€ edge retention for the average personā€™s EDC. Itā€™s also one of the toughest stainless blade steels, has excellent corrosion resistance, and is easy to sharpen. Whatā€™s not to like?

A $25 Chinese clone of the Microtech Socom. I just can't justify trashing a $400 knife, so, i got a clone..almost the same exact thing except g10 scales and d2 blade steel, which is actually pretty great for $25. I love it...and I can keep my real socom BNIB.

Spydie Chapparal
This is my user knife for the past 5-6 years but still couldnā€™t spydie flick it because of the stiff backlock :person_facepalming:

Have been carrying this for a few weeks .

Right now I carry the last one I received.

Elegant and fun gentleman folder. With back and and front flipper. Really nice

A classic combo. :sunglasses:

Massdrop Perpetua

Thanks mate.
Hard to get torchlight with XHP35 HI led nowadays
The Chapparal has low fidget factor, but itā€™s a great slicer

Kershaw Launch 4 7500BLK

This is my first automatic knife.

I received it today.

The blade is only 1.9" long.

This knife is too small for me, so I won't actually be carrying it.

I got it used for $45, which is a good deal, so at least the price was right.

I guess it would be fine for opening packages and such. But the handle is probably overly small in the hand?