What blade did you EDC today?

Yeah, it's too small for my extra large hands.

I mean, I can use the knife, but it's not as comfortable to use as other knives (which are all much larger.)

Finch RoadRunner

Vero Mini Synapse with micarta handle as it is #micartaMonday :smiley:

Kershaw Snap-On SO82RD!

This is my most expensive knife.

It was advertised as brand new.

It's a kinda rare knife with a N690 stonewashed blade.

I paid about $60 plus tax.

The knife is very nice.

It was advertised as new, but there's obvious wear on the clip.

Other than that, it looks new.

It's still a good deal in my book.

This is one of my most favorite knives, and I think it has the best steel of all my knives.

Really like this !

My very first scratch built knife. 6Al4V at 0.148ā€ thick, 5ā€ blade, 9ā€ OAL. Fat Carbon Dark Matter Gold scales with brass pins. Hunter Orange G10 liners.

Total weight is 4.5 ounces. It boggles the mind, feels fake.

It sharpens well enough to cut most things I use it for, of course it canā€™t be hardened so it doesnā€™t hold the edge well. Was a bear to make. Made 2 just like it in CPM-3V, ready to send them out for heat treat.

Dale, super nice!

Today I made my fourth blade, an 8.5ā€ 12.5ā€ OAL .22ā€ thick MagnaCut Camp knife. Got to this point in about 3 hours. Feel good about it so far, as today is my fifth day off oxygen after Delta almost claimed me in January.

This shows all four Iā€™ve made in the past 10 days ( yes, was on oxygen making the first three)

The steel knives sre about ready to send out for heat treat, then Iā€™ll put the scales on em.

wow, long timeā€¦ congrats on your progress

the Ti knife has a beautiful grindā€¦ thanks for the pics
what is the handle material?

keep getting weller

Those look really good Dale ! :+1:

:sunglasses: Thank you, thank you very much!

The scales on the Ti knife are a carbon fiber material called Dark Matter Gold, from Fat Carbon. Truly beautiful in the light, but not as strong as conventional weaves.

not as strong sounds like knifespeak for not as many lumensā€¦

max lumens is an overrated selection criteriaā€¦ I would say the same about dissing Dark Matter Gold over a misguided max strength ratingā€¦ Gorgeous lines in the grip tooā€¦ subtle but strong

and that the Ti edge retention is differentā€¦ well, yeah, butā€¦ it can go in the ocean and carries lighter, and withstands sweat betterā€¦ lol

thanks for sharing your craftā€¦ beautiful work

Thanks Jon.

I actually made a pocket clip for a nice knife out Dark Matter carbon fiber, it broke first thrust into the pocket. So I made a thicker stouter one. It broke too. So I cut a piece of Titanium off a block I have and carved a pocket clip out of Ti. It hasnā€™t broken. Lol

This is on a highly modified Medford Praetorian Slim Flipper.

ESEE Zancudo BRK-R1

Iā€™m not usually a fan of the over-engineered look, but I like that a lot. Love all the combinations available too.

Love to see your knifemaking skills, Dale! Great results!

(Forging/making my own knifes is someting that I wanted since I was young, but I made choices that kept me in the city in small apartments so a metal workshop has never been an option)

Thanks Jos, itā€™s a new venture. Shame I waited til I was nearly 60 to start!

My new EDC, a twist on the normā€¦

An ƆternA by WE Knives, designed by Elijah Isham. M390 blade steel in an vertebral integral Ti frame lock with thick carbon fiber inlays. Unusual looking but fits the hand very nicely!

Edit: Added Pics

Nice symmetry on that one. Iā€™ve always like that, Spyderco Poliwog and Ed Schemp Balance appeal. The Real Steel Stella Premium Iā€™m EDCing at the moment has a lovely teardrop design.

Wow, that's a cool looking knife!

It's too expensive for me, but I think I'd like a cheap knockoff someday.

Not my pics, but got these two titanium folders.

and