What blade did you EDC today?

I would’ve waited for the wight design.

WE Knives has a budget sister company in Civivi, still made very well but usually without the top tier materials.

This little beaut is a button lock with Blackout SS skeletonized frame and black hardware and Ciubourti wood scales (like African Rosewood) The blade is a black stonewashed Nitro V with a thumb stud. Really slick operation on SS bearings, it’s about $80.

UTX-85, pretty much been in my pocket everyday since I bought it.

My first knife venture Down Under, Australian made Vanguard by DB Blades. Nitro V steel shaving sharp, 6.2” long blade. Wicked grinds! Wood scales are red G10 lined Desert Ironwood.

Thank you Dom!

Boosted, do you find the blade in that OTF to be solid, without play? I’ve never had one and often wondered how they perform. Seems like they are typically Al and I am pretty tough on Al handled knives, they get pretty rough looking really quick.

Only relatively recently have our laws allowed a double edged dagger style blade, might still cause trouble with some, not sure. Intriguing nonetheless!

Blade is 204P and I’ve not had any issues with it. I work in an auto repair shop and it’s cut everything from belts, hoses, zip ties, plastic under body splash panels, seatbelts, you name it. It’s still got the factory edge on it a year or so later and will cut anything I need it too. It does have a tiny bit of play in it but that’s just the nature of OTF blades and it’s never not fired or not retracted for me. The handle is aluminium and the only spot that is starting to show a little wear is the end were the blade comes out. My guess is it’s from me putting in my pocket. I’m not easy at all on this one and it has done everything I’ve asked it to and done so with flying colors imo.

I’m actually considering sending it back to have the top of the blade serrated for a little extra cutting edge and cosmetically it just looks meaner.

Civivi generally offers incredible quality for the money. Kizer also has some amazing stuff in the $50-100 range. Civivi has better customer service and arguably a little better quality but I love my Kizer knives too.

For something a little less expensive, check out Sencut. As Civivi has started making more expensive stuff, WE launched the Sencut brand to take over their entry-level. They have a bunch of knives in the $40 range that are straight-up excellent. Their 9Cr18Mov gets the same top-notch heat treatment as the Civivi knives. (It tends to hold a better edge than Spyderco’s VG-10.) They come standard on caged ceramic bearings too.

My only issue with the Sencut knives is that the pivots are not captured. There was enough scale friction that I didn’t even notice on the Snap and Neches. However, the Sencut Tynan is a slick steel frame lock. I had to use a T8 on both sides to get the tension just right. (You can use the blue Loc-Tite to pretty much set it and forget it. It’s not a big deal. Just make sure you have two drivers and some blue Loc-Tite is you plan to take it apart or adjust the tension.)

Yesterday I grabbed my serrated Microtech Stitch for no particular reason. It turned out to be fortuitous; my buddy asked me to cut up a lot of heavy cardboard boxes

That knife looks gorgeous! :sunglasses: :beer:

It’s #micartaMonday :smiley:
Vero Mini Synapse with micarta scale

Carried my SpyderCo Ikuchi and I’m guessing the pivot on that thing must be self-oiling.

Kershaw 2415T w sw45k Maratac
I keep the knife in my Overalls, mainly for self-defense against attacks by cement and stucco bags. Resistance is futile…

That Kershaw 2415T looks nice.

I don't think I have any Japanese Kershaw knives, but all of mine are assisted-openers.

thanks, I had no idea it would become a cult classic… one recently sold for 3x what it cost… kind of like some Olights

but I could only get the big bucks if I had never use the knife… whats the fun in that? lol

Those are smooth operators. post some pics?

I do not like taking pics, but here's a thread with pics I found on the internet.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/50173

thanks for the link, which model is in your pocket today?:wink:

Ive got this mini osborne w sw45k rotary

in a mission wallet:

Oh, I just updated my thread.

It's the Kershaw Snap-On SO82RD.

That's my latest knife, and one of my very favorites.

I think I only have three or four "very favorites" so far.

thats a very nice looking design, lots of flow,
reminds of a scimitar, and a higonokami, at the same time.
good slicing genes… lol

I think the knife comes in black, blue, camo, and red.

I like red the least, but that's the one that was cheap on eBay.

Even though I like red the least, the red looks really good, and it doesn't bother me.

The red kinda matches my red RovyVon Aurora A3, which I couldn't choose the color for because I won it in a giveaway on BLF.