What blade did you EDC today?

Y’all should be ashamed. I’m afflicted now. Just ordered a new knife after perusing some fabulous stuff all afternoon. Who’d a thunk a folding knife could be $1600? Bill Tighe, OMG! He’s got some true art he has. And no, I did not order a Tighe!

I did, however, just order a new knife based purely on my instinct for clean lines and Titanium. And USA made. (Texas, even!) The blade steel might be slightly outdated but nonetheless a good steel and I’m sure it’ll serve me well. CPM154

And like all good addictions, the willingness to pay more has come naturally. Just dropped a couple of Benjamin’s on a knife when the one in my pocket is not a week old.

Nothing wrong with CPM154 it is a very nice steel. I am intrigued to what you bought though. :slight_smile:

I am on hold from buying any new toys for a little bit, so I have to live vicariously through all of you around here… LOL

If you’ve never seen this before, this is what I call a true custom.
Jim Skelton interviews Stan Wilson in his workshop, making an automatic ~ $4500.

Watch it in full screen mode, or on YouTube for the best views. Incredible workmanship.

The above Tigh-ger striped blade, OMG! If only……

And this, are you kidding me? Gorgeous!

And what is this? Temporary insanity?

The knife I bought will remain anonymous for the moment. As I said, I looked at hundreds of knives and picked this one for it’s style, blade design, finish, build and in the end some name brand pride. Only after I bought it did I discover some controversy behind the man that owns the company. So to keep that out of the argument, for now, I won’t say what it is. When I get it I’ll show pics and then y’all can decide. I will say that it’s a new design for 2015, brand new knife. And a flipper. :slight_smile: With Ti scales both sides.

i really like this one alot.

He’ll make em for you, just plop $1200 to $1600 apiece on the table and he’ll carve em out all day. :wink:

Not unheard of in the knife industry…some have skeletons in the closet, others are unapologetic douches, some are the nicest people you can find (here i’ll throw a name: Jake Hoback)

So, essentially what you’re saying is that guys that make blades are :open_mouth: human?

Funny how that comes into play with the higher end knives. Production knives are, so many of them, styled alongside a custom maker and sometimes wear his name. Hinderer, Emerson, Bradley, these guys break ground and everybody and his brother wants a little piece of that in their cheap production knife. And then they get cloned. Sometimes done well and sometimes not.

I’ve always heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :stuck_out_tongue: And like has been said, the guys that buy the $60-100 clones would never buy a $400 knife anyway, so they’re not taking anything away from the name guys. Not typically. And the guys that buy the top maker knives would never ever buy a cheap Chinese made clone. Just the way of things right?

I don’t have anything at all against the MG Knives DAMM. It’s a solidly built knife with some great materials. The style is too modern for me. I’ll keep it if no one wants to buy it from me, but it wont’ get carried after this new one comes in. I’ll probably alternate the Sage II into rotation some, and might carry the AFCK mini or Buck Stryder Mini from time to time. But this new one coming in will be my EDC.

I like a solidly built carry knife. Like the mini Stryder with it’s short but thick blade. This new one has a .20” thick CPM154 blade on it. I won’t be worried about USING it!

Thanks for reminding me i’m stupid. :beer:

I on the other hand consider almost all tactical kinves massively overbuilt on an utilitarian perspective and my limited scope of use (although they have a nice tacticool appeal wich once i have them is short lived), i tend to gravitate toward traditionals with very thin blade stock and full flat grind.

I’m a bit obsessed by scott sawby work lately, some a very tastefully engraved :heart_eyes: must resist 0:)

Can't wait to see your new knife DBCstm. Nice to hear about good stuff being made here in the US of A. Even if it's made in Texas.

Very unfortunatly not mine.

That Buy Tighe is at the lower end of his custom prices.
$750, a bargain.
I do love his work though it’s debatable whether I’ll ever be able to afford the ones I really like, the Tighe-ger striped blade is beautiful.

Not sure how my comment ended up in your quote. :open_mouth:

Nice one!
What’s your impression about it?
This knife has been sitting in my wish list for a while.

I really like it, it holds an edge really good. Not my best fixed handle but it is very easy to carry. will be shipping it off next week to have a kydex holster built for it.

Solarforce L2N with a modified belt clip (ground off that ring with a dremel) and a Spyderco PM2

Dale , is that a bow drill divot I see ?