What blade did you EDC today?

Good looking knife. how easy is it to sharpen and hold and edge? I only ask because if it is D2 I may have to buy one.

If you set the aspect percent to 100% when posting images they won’t stick out the side of the page.

I’m going to have to research it… but I think so

really easy to sharpen, couple passes on my Lansky rod is all it takes to get an edge back on the blade.

Sounds like a good idea!

|( |( |(

I have no problems with Dale's picture size, but the picture deathless posted is way too big.

Sorry guys, I didn’t realize how large the picture was. Lesson learned.

That is really pretty. I am sure I can’t afford one, but where did you get it?

I can honestly say I’m speechless after seeing the level of precision that went into that knife.
I have a couple of Sog’s, some Kershaw’s and CRKT’s, but, Oh My God, that’s on a complete other level.
Just goes to show, you don’t know what you don’t know. :slight_smile:
Lou.

Got my new blade in, and LOVE IT!

Quartermaster QSE-7, Mr. Spicoli! Dang near a 1/4” thick CPM154 blade with a black stonewash on the entire knife. It opens amazingly fast! Beautifully assembled, this is perfection in my book and the most awesome EDC possible. :bigsmile:

Congratulations!
How much does it weight?

Edit: 5.75 oz? That’s quite good for such a blade thickness.

You should be stoked!

Handsome piece, perfect dimensions for EDC!

Enjoy every minute!

The ultimate blade, thick enough to be able to take abuse, the right shape, the scales fit my hand perfectly, the clip is nice without being so tight it tears up the pants pocket. And they even give you a RH and LH Ti clip.

The simplistic design I like, 2 chain bolts for a totally open design. They literally sourced the assembly screws from bicycle chain sprocket bolts, found everywhere, to keep it simple and easily repairable should the need arise. I’m already looking for Titanium replacements, lol.

The finish is a PVD black coating that is then stonewashed, leaving the coating embedded in the metal and a smooth satiny finish that is really appealing to me. It’s a low key look, not likely to draw attention, but still a lightning fast and razor sharp blade.

While being similar in ways to the Spyderco Sage II, it’s a Texas version with extra thick everything. lol Mo fo tha money!

After I ordered it I started researching and found controversy over the guy that’s designing these for Quartermaster, Jared West. Apparently he started a company called Mantis some time back and there were issues. He isn’t the owner of this company, merely working for them as a designer. This QSE-7 is really the only one that appealed to me, the others being very radical designs (West?) that belong in some futuristic movie or something. But at any rate, this one couldn’t be better for me if I’d designed it myself. And as a semi-numbers freak, even the serial number appeals to me. The model number is 7, right? And it’s Titanium, PTE (periodic table of elements) # 22. The serial number is 227 of 300.

Works for me!

Today I took this cheapo for a walk in the woods :slight_smile:

[quote=CRX]

I thought i’d try them out for something different to what i usually buy. http://www.perkinknives.com/
[/quote
]

Wow, a store full of eye candy.

You've got me browsing for hours!

Oh, wait...

Damn you, CRX!

Went to the Perkin website, at first look most of their knives look like pakistani product sold for a very hefty premium.

You can probably find them in retail for 1/2 the price , look for pakistan knife in google and ebay

I see. Got any links? Oogled lots of damascus blades but never saw any cheaper versions of the ones on that site. Cheaper prices alwayz welcome.

No specific link, but i suppose someone with time one their hands could browse alibaba and eventually find something.

I once entertained the idea of opening a knife retail business and did some sourcing and sampling, these knives strike me as pakistani made and are typically dirt cheap to import.

I shall keep that in mind, thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Search British Blades forum for Perkin Knives. Really bad knives and really poor company.
JamesB was spot on.
They sell on Amazon.co.uk, Perkin Im strongly suspect that they trade under the Poshland name as well, same crap different name.
CRX if you’re happy with it then that’s what counts but FFS don’t get sucked into the “custom build” route.
Bait and switch is commonplace and there have been a couple of people on Amazon so disappointed that they wanted their money back, some hope.