What Chargers fit 4 or more 26650s side by side?

Seeing some great options here gang. I’ve looked at the Gryfalcon chargers before. Only hiccup with those is it appears you have to manually start the charge on each cell every time, is that correct?

I think I will be giving the Folomov A4 a try. Looks like the 26650s would fit pretty comfortably in there.

I’m open to trying several if people have more ideas.

If you’re ok with a larger size, the Xtar VC8 can fit 6x 26650 or 8x21700

It can also be modded to work with xx800 cells, I use mine to charge my 26800 cells, though they’re a tight fit.

Yes. But you need to be very very patient. It only charges 0.5 amps.per slot when charging 8 batteries.Only 1amp for 4 slots, 2 amps for 2 slots.

Kind of useless in my book. I checked out all these chargers a year or two ago and none compare to the Mi boxer C4- 12.

I hope you have better luck with the Folomov than I did. I actually returned 2 of them for Displays that faded and disappeared. Iirc it was less than 6 months.

Ilumn is great, they took care of me as they always have.

1 Thank

I have the VC8 it is pretty good, I rarely need to fast charge more than 2 batteries, for the rest I can wait just fine.

IIRC there’s also the newer VC8+ which has DC-in and can charge with slightly more power.

1 Thank

You need to charge 4 26650s at once?

What about 4 xtar sc1’s loosely taped together? Lol

You are very patient.:blush:

I charge b/w 10 to 15 batteries per day. Mostly at 2.5A or 3 amp… High drain.21700’s…P45B,50S,40T and high drain 18650…P28A, VTC5D ect.

I should have thought of this from the beginning.

I should have asked OP what his minimum charge rate per slot is. It would have narrowed things down.:crazy_face:

It might just be differences in our use cases.

Batteries last me quite a while, I mostly have 18650s and 21700s as well.

1 Thank

Can confirm, have done it. 21700 fits too but is uncomfortable in the length department, and probably longer 21700 cells (like protected or whatever) won’t fit.

The $80 black Friday sale I got mine in was amazing.

@vestureofblood
According to this post, the Vapcell S4+ can charge three 26650 cells at once.

I know that’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s somewhat close. :+1:

That is Correct…just tried it.

1 Thank

If we’re talking about just loose cells ya I go through about the same. I don’t think 2.5A or 3A have ever even been used once on my charger.
And then I put that battery in a flashlight, set the thermal ceiling to 70°C and hit turbo lmao

The irony isn’t lost on me lol. A 25A+ fast discharge is way more damaging to a battery than a 2.5A fast charge. Idk why I do it, maybe ocd.

In Auto mode, once you insert the batteries, it starts charging at the current you had already set for that slot. For example, I have one slot @ 500mA for 14500 / 18350 and 3 slots @ 1A for everything else. If you unplug it, the setting is erased.

I typically use manual modes on chargers, but not on this one because I have no need to set other termination voltages.

1 Thank

Here is the Mi boxer with 4 X 26650.

1 Thank

You guys have no idea how helpful you really are!!! Thank you.

1 Thank

Happy upcoming or belated Birthday Mr.Matt Scorpio!:partying_face::birthday:

1 Thank

Hope we helped :slight_smile: FWIW, I charge my 26650s at 1A, and yeah it takes a while. The format is on life support, not much innovation happening outside the EV formats. I have a few Vapcell K62s, Orbtronics which are wraps of something, etc. They tend to have higher IR. If you charge at 2-3A, and the voltage is above 4V, the chargers are often finicky and just go straight to done.

Let us know what you choose!

Well… The Folomov COULD have been an epic charger. It comfortably fits 4x 26650s, the springs are sturdy, it charges at up to 3 amps per cell (2 amps each with 4pc installed). The display gives all the relevant info like voltage and charge status.

However there is one glaring Achilles heel about it I didn’t realize. The charge current has to be set for every cell every time or it will default back to 250ma. I don’t see anything in the instructions about how to fix that either.

That is like going to all the trouble of building a hot rod car and then filling the engine block with water instead of oil. That way no one can accidentally drive to fast with it, and it will be “safe”.

I was so excited when I opened that box thinking I had found a powerful solution.

Will the miboxer c412 retain the last used charging current, or does it just default to the automatically detected “best” for cell? If it defaults to auto what current do you get when you pop in a 26650?