What Chargers fit 4 or more 26650s side by side?

I should have thought of this from the beginning.

I should have asked OP what his minimum charge rate per slot is. It would have narrowed things down.:crazy_face:

It might just be differences in our use cases.

Batteries last me quite a while, I mostly have 18650s and 21700s as well.

1 Thank

Can confirm, have done it. 21700 fits too but is uncomfortable in the length department, and probably longer 21700 cells (like protected or whatever) wonā€™t fit.

The $80 black Friday sale I got mine in was amazing.

@vestureofblood
According to this post, the Vapcell S4+ can charge three 26650 cells at once.

I know thatā€™s not exactly what youā€™re looking for, but itā€™s somewhat close. :+1:

That is Correctā€¦just tried it.

1 Thank

If weā€™re talking about just loose cells ya I go through about the same. I donā€™t think 2.5A or 3A have ever even been used once on my charger.
And then I put that battery in a flashlight, set the thermal ceiling to 70Ā°C and hit turbo lmao

The irony isnā€™t lost on me lol. A 25A+ fast discharge is way more damaging to a battery than a 2.5A fast charge. Idk why I do it, maybe ocd.

In Auto mode, once you insert the batteries, it starts charging at the current you had already set for that slot. For example, I have one slot @ 500mA for 14500 / 18350 and 3 slots @ 1A for everything else. If you unplug it, the setting is erased.

I typically use manual modes on chargers, but not on this one because I have no need to set other termination voltages.

1 Thank

Here is the Mi boxer with 4 X 26650.

1 Thank

You guys have no idea how helpful you really are!!! Thank you.

1 Thank

Happy upcoming or belated Birthday Mr.Matt Scorpio!:partying_face::birthday:

1 Thank

Hope we helped :slight_smile: FWIW, I charge my 26650s at 1A, and yeah it takes a while. The format is on life support, not much innovation happening outside the EV formats. I have a few Vapcell K62s, Orbtronics which are wraps of something, etc. They tend to have higher IR. If you charge at 2-3A, and the voltage is above 4V, the chargers are often finicky and just go straight to done.

Let us know what you choose!

Wellā€¦ The Folomov COULD have been an epic charger. It comfortably fits 4x 26650s, the springs are sturdy, it charges at up to 3 amps per cell (2 amps each with 4pc installed). The display gives all the relevant info like voltage and charge status.

However there is one glaring Achilles heel about it I didnā€™t realize. The charge current has to be set for every cell every time or it will default back to 250ma. I donā€™t see anything in the instructions about how to fix that either.

That is like going to all the trouble of building a hot rod car and then filling the engine block with water instead of oil. That way no one can accidentally drive to fast with it, and it will be ā€œsafeā€.

I was so excited when I opened that box thinking I had found a powerful solution.

Will the miboxer c412 retain the last used charging current, or does it just default to the automatically detected ā€œbestā€ for cell? If it defaults to auto what current do you get when you pop in a 26650?