What cheap budget very small knife do you like more?

Just ordered the 681 a few days ago from FT and paid the buck extra for the expedited shipping. Looks like it’ll be a good knife. The LB-763 I just got the other day is really good quality, so you’d never know there was 2 years between the GB-763 and the LB-763. FT seems to just be great for knives.

I think the LB- 763 is one of the best examples of the Axis style lock that the Chinese make, the aluminium scales get damned cold in winter though, I’ll have to get the GB G10 version. :slight_smile:

Have to wonder why the GB763 commands such a high price. The LB763 is nice enough. Still, they want twice the price for GB 763 with G10 !! |(

Use nine every day and love it.

GB 763 $11.63 plus about $5 for shipping, used them before in fact just emailed Calvin to see when the 738 is going to be back in stock.
Failing that, if you’re in the U.S.A. try SrJoben.

I like the GB-763 a little better because it’s .4 ounces lighter than the LB-763 and the handle is much grippier. After quitting smoking several years go I sometimes will sit at my desk playing with whatever EDC that day: twirling it around and such, changing grips, etc., and the LB-763 is one of the only knives I’ve ever launched across the room doing that because the grip is so slippery. The textured G10 is just superior grip-wise. Now, having said that, the LB-763 I think looks a little better, and I’m sure the Aluminum scales are more durable. So, the LB-763 definitely makes the cut for EDC rotation.

Yes, i have confused, it was exduct…

Yes, the 763 is a classic, like the 710, but it is a bit overpriced because it’s a little knife with a price near to a big knife like the enlan el01 for example.
I still remember when the 710 was 6$…

One i see the bite on the finger of the h03 and that i have incomming the 605 i think i must order the 604, it has a lock system and so i will have the pair like brothers…

I gave a 704 to my dad that I got from Manafont. Then it went out of production for a long time, so when it showed up on Exduct I ordered the replacement for my collection. It’s a nice knife. Every time I see my dad he has it clipped to his pocket. He’s carried it almost 3 years I think. The good thing about the 704 is that nobody is going to think it’s a ‘gravity knife’ and it’s not really risky to carry. I carry my 763 but I wouldn’t want my old dad being hassled by the man, especially since some of his friends are cops.

Although I have some knives like the Sanrenmu701, I do not carry it. Instead I prefer the Rough Rider Mini Canoe Folder.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmini+canoe+knife&\_nkw=mini+canoe+knife&\_sacat=0&\_from=R40

It does not take up any more room in my front pocket that my Tank 007 EO9. It opens packages, and I don’t anticipate having to use it for SD. Knives with clips get in the way.

Jerry

I liked the 704 so much that I bought two, one new one second hand but never out of the packing, they are a very plain knife but show how well SanRenMu can make a medium sized knife.

As to the H03, in the U.K. we grew up (at least those of us that are older) with “pen knives” slip-joints with one or more blades, you soon learn that a small slip can be hurtful. :wink: I was very surprised that I was able to one hand open the SanRenMu AOH02 without too much trouble - my new EDC. Better than the Spyderco Grasshopper that it replaces.

And new tiny knife… from sanrenmu

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10001877/1556600-sanrenmu-6026lui-sgi-stainless-steel-folding-knife#

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10001877/1556602-sanrenmu-6026lui-sgi-stainless-steel-folding-knife

I can see those two alongside other SanRenMu knives on my shopping list. :slight_smile:
I’d like them better with G10 or Micarta scales though.

FastTech are doing well with new knives recently now if only they could sort out delivery times. :frowning:

Yeah, they look nice but I don’t like the scales either. Agreed the black textured G10 would be perfect.

But i would think that have g10 scales, colored yes, but g10 anyway.

Looks like painted Aluminum to me. It doesn’t say in the description. If it does turn out to be AL, it would probably be nice mod to strip the paint off. Someone should order these and report back :slight_smile:

After xmas for me, budget wrecked by SanRenMu 7010s and Enlan/Bee EL-01s. :wink:

I like the 605 blade with the 604 body. I bought two and made the switch.

The Sanremus are very nice looking knives, but, I really like the Ontario RAT II. True, It is more $$, but in the absence of enough scratch to swing my first choice always, a Benchmade Mini Griptilian, it will do just fine!