What cheap budget very small knife do you like more?

Not an SRM but the Enlan M021BG may be a nice option the O.R.II at 1/2 the cost. The Enlan and Ganzo axis-style knives can get you real close to the Mini Grip- I have Benchmades & Spydercos and I'm favorably impressed by the SRM and Enlan/Bee blades.

Mmmm two more options i like:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006945/1556901-tekut-lk5050-dapper-stainless-steel-folding-knife

I like the design and colors but the steel is terrible?

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005913/1549901-harnds-ck8002-nyx-stainless-steel-folding-knife

It is ugly, i do not like serrated mix and it is open assisted that it is illegal, i like flipers! but… I think is one of the best for that price.

I’ve sold a few Tekut 5050s, very popular with women.

Curious. In my country women do not get/like folder knives at all.
If you live in the field perhaps have one like utility tool, but never in the city.
Women don’t like folder knives generally.

My wife uses this little case lockback around the house:

Nice find! I'm probably going to eventually get an Ontario RAT II myself.

Welcome to BLF too!

-Garry

I’ve carried the same SRM 605 for over two years with nearly daily use, and I love it! the choil lets it handle like larger knives and the blade length is enough for nearly anything that I would reach for a folding knife for. The lock is still solid and the pivot still smooth. The scales have held up nicely and the clip is still strong. I have given several away as gifts and have a few extras for myself just in case. I can’t recommend it enough!

I have one srm 605 incomming some time ago…

thanks for the welcome GarryB!

Am living on the edge of cold but brain freeze has nothing to do with my new enthusiasm for Enlans and SRMs.

That M021B has been around awhile and disco'd at least once. Couldn't quite place what it was closest in looks to(decided OR II during this thread), but I like it and will pick one up for a real feel experience.

Well I recently picked up an Ontario RAT II and WOW is this a nice knife! Easily my highest quality knife thus far! Has two metal washers which give it a super smooth opening action! Super smooth, but without blade play. This is also probably the sharpest knife I've ever received.

My only CONS: I think it sort of lacks style. I prefer a pointier blade too. Also, it does ride nice and low in my pocket IF carry it tip down. I've found I prefer tip up (to keep the backside of the knife towards in the inside of my pocket for when I'm reaching down into my pocket), but I've been getting used to the stock clip position. I'm toying with the idea of flipping the clip over to the other side (which I guess would be intended for left-handed left pocket carry) which would maintain the deeper pocket carry style but turn the backside of the knife toward in the inside of my pocket like I want. Any thoughts? These cons are minute though; I still love this knife!

-Garry

Did you get the black blade version or plain? You could make it more drop point, though a grinder would be ideal.

I got the plain blade. Ordered on Ebay here. Seller only 30 minutes away and I had the knife in hand the next day :) .

-Garry

What are you a juggler? :smiley:

I’m a city girl, and I’m very fond of the Tekut LK5050 “Dapper”. I’ve given a bunch away to friends, too, who were all very pleased with it. Great keychain knife.

I did take the thumb studs off though. It’s better without them.

The SRM 733 is nice too, a similar design but a bit larger and built better… but a LK5050 is much easier to carry around without attracting negative attention. It’s pretty and cute, where the 733 looks sleek and a bit threatening.

Gerber EAB razor knife—looks like a money clip

Other Not-So-Budget Faves:
Spyderco Cricket
Spyderco Dragonfly
A.G. Russell Superlight

The FRN Dragonfly is one of my favourites too. Excellent design.

I received the Tekut LK5050 yesterday and I agree its awesome ! The rainbow nitride coating looks very nice and for only $6 at fastech its a steal. The TEKUT LK4106 is similar but shorter blade and longer size with the key ring at the end, only good thing is that scratches should be invisible unlike the LK5050 but it looks better and its cheaper anyway.

Also the blade is razor sharp. :slight_smile:

Wow…I needed this thread! Looking at the recommendations to buy one :smiley:

The Sanrenmu GR5-605 Folding Pocket Knife seems like a win for me! Just got to wait the Chinese new year :slight_smile:

I have the srm 710, 733 and 605 and i think i can recommend all of them (but i like bigger knives much better for using).