What did you do today?

I took some spare/broken parts and Frankensteined up a AKOray K106 with a badly abused NANJG 101-AK which has been crippled down to 2x7135 (700mA) and a cool white T6 XM-L pulled from my Z1X.

The funny thing is that its a pretty nice setup. Other than the fact that I can only use lithiums, its a pretty useful light. Its has a nice beam and it still gets warm even with only 700mA, so I'm glad it's not running at its fully-functioning 1.4A.

I went on a hike to my favorite place and took the camera along.

Made a new friend.

After I mowed my lawn I sat around all day and did a Stargate Atlantis marathon (Apple TV, Netflix) all by myself..Oh yeah, had about 5 rum and cokes, a couple of cheeseburgers. I guess that's about it....

i just joined not too long ago. im 97831's son. oh and im also 11.

Hey Bob K, here's the spot where I met my new friend:

Also taken on the same hike..

big shroom

and another new friend

Inspired by my recent success pushing the XPG R4 3D to 1.7 amps, I made a P-60 drop in with a XPG R5 1A with 2.0 amps max on high that's right 6 7135 chips. Once again I have created the brightest XPG I have ever seen and it seams to be holding up fine. No discoloration of the hotspot and no dedomeing of the emitter. These emitters were seriously underrated from the get go. If this one holds up to my torture test I am going to order parts to make 5 more. This is a very impressive light with amazing and a very tight beam and is perfect for a 501A host.

What I find very interesting about this lens is if you observe it from the side dome forward in the dark in a light mist or fog with an XML you can see were the crisscross occurs in your drawing about 1-3 inches in front of the lens. I can try to get a picture of it, it is very cool.

The head fits as well - I've tried playing lego with it after I got an 504B from manafont with a batterytube with too small ID :D.

I made 2 P-60 drop ins for myself today, both 105c Nanjg drivers with 2 extra chips so 3.5 amps max. I used my last XML 1D and a XML 1A, both went into 504B hosts both are very bright and I am happy since all my P-60 hosts have drop ins in them now. Hopefully Shiningbeam gets some more 1Ds soon, Bryan has been out of them for a while now.

Bob is the 2 amp R4 brighter than the 1.7amp ones I sent you?

I just sold my two MiNi AA (cc and nw). I felt happy for the guy and I know the lights will be put to good use. The minis is really great, I just hope it got a higher high. It would be the perfect edc if it has 120 lumens high on AA.

I didn't do anything as a flashaholic today but I did go to see the Blue Angels! It's a yearly thing here in Seattle but always fun.

We saw some pretty cool critters. A big snowflake Eel, a couple of Titan Trigger Fish, a spotted Trigger Fish we couldn't identify, a huge beautiful Rainbow Wrasse, numerous Elephant Nose Sea Cucumbers, several Clown Fish in their Anemone. Too many other regular fish to count. It was very nice.

Ron

Couldn't sleep got up at 1AM and ripped apart my brand new Ultrafire MCU-C88 took a Nanjg 105C and added 3 extra 7135 chips for a total of 3.7 amps glued a 14mm Shiningbeam 1D emitter in with Fujik and made a killer 3AA XML thrower.

As a flashoholic, I charged a set of 18650s and NiZns.

Overall, absolutely NOTHING. I just needed a break.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update. I am having the same issue the 2 amp R5 is a 1A and the 1.7 amp R4 is a 3D so it is hard to tell if there are any gains above 1.7amps because of the tint difference. If I had more emitters I could make some identical drop ins and just change the amperage. Anyways I am glad you like them, they do seam perfect for a 501A host and good luck with the rescue dog transport tomorrow.

Thanks,

Erik

Today I came home from the hospital after an 8 day stay. Great to be back home but 11 more weeks without a hospital bed is going to be rough. *sigh*

Johnny

Hope everything is all right with you. Best regard!

All the best Johnny Mac

I just got my 2 novatacs (storm and wichita) in the mail, and the first thing I did was test it, followed by the 250 click hack to turn it into the programmable 120P type, and then today I took the storm apart, which was easy, just like the 120P, but the wichita was glued down. The retaining ring took many rounds of hammering, heating with a flame torch, cooling with liquid butane, wd-40, and just good old brute force, and eventually came apart with some damage to the threads and some to the bezel too (oops). So the light engine now sits on my desk, waiting to go into another project, a battery pack for my headlamp.

Aside from that, I tried taking pictures with an older nikon camera.

Rest up Johnnymac, hope you get better soon!

Today I swapped the emitter, driver, and lens of my Ultrafire C3. It now sports a 1-5 mode programmable driver, 4000K tinted XML, and an aspheric lens in lieu of the reflector and original lens. The all-encompassing hotspot is now the size of that put out by my 18650 size zoomie and it sports L-M-H modes (.07A-.7A-1.3A, respectively) using bloo Ultrafire 14500s. My new EDC!