What did you do today?

Got up. Checked mail. Still waiting for my Ultrafire C8 Xm-L to arrive from Manafont. Tracking doesn't seem to help find it. Doesn't tell where it is, just where it has been. Played with an MC-E light, then posted this.

Today I picked up the UF-H2b from the Dino Direct promotion deal at the post office. I had been lusting after this one for quite some time now, but never could justify the non-budget price tag to myself.

Well, I popped a battery in and... hated the tint. I hated the ramping UI and absolutely couldn't stand the low PWM frequency. So I declared it a modding project and half an hour later it looked like this:

I think I'll go for a neutral white XP-G and a three or four mode driver, maybe programmable.

I can't find the link right now. Another member here suggest this http://www.basspro.com/Quarrow-Fishermens-FingerTip-Spotlight/product/10210378/-1760012. Look like uf-h2b but cheaper and dimmer. Maybe you can mode this one too.

replaced the crap 1 mode driver in my new uf-2100 for 8amc 3-mode driver -it's floody and compact:)

I tried figuring out why my Skyray is shorting out after I wired for DD. I don't understand how this contact plate from the original driver works. The positive is not isolated... its all connected. It is very odd and I don't know how it EVER worked. So now I don't have any idea what to use to rig it up.

Oh well... I have a cell to do some testing on.

Emitter swapped a novatac wichita. Heres a side by side comparison between 3 novatacs

[120P XM-L T5 5tint] - [Wichita XM-L T5 5tint] - [Storm - Stock SSC P4 emitter]

tailcap measurements at 4.0v

[2+ Amps (resistance of alligator clips doesn't permit a high enough voltage at the driver, causing the low voltage protection to kick in, dropping down to a lower output mode)] - [1.45A] - [0.5A]

The hotspot size is bigger (xm-L), but the spill size is very similar. The spill of the stock emitter is there, just not really visible at this exposure level.

Tints are slightly more yellow on the middle emitter, even though they are from the same "batch". Emitter variation for you, binning principles.

I made a photoshop tutorial today. As a architecture student I love making graphical things and making these tutorials is training for me as well + i get paid a lil' for it so I can buy flashlights with that money. One passion pays my other one :)

http://kropped.com/index.php?route=account/tutorial/detail&tutorial_id=45

greetings!

I got one step closer to perfecting my nuclear fusion flashlight, expected to be around 777,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 lumens.

Oh wait, that's what I "would" have done in my alternate dream life.

Actually I went to work today. The resident smart-azz at work was trying to mess with me so I showed his eyeballs the business end of 300+ lumens from my Xeno E03 on 14500. After finally regaining his vision he decided not to mess with me anymore. LOL

currently waiting for a Trustfire X9 and Sky*Ray G6 from ebay and Manafont, respectively. In the meantime I just keep looking at all the flashlights I'd love to have and dwindling them down to a few I can afford. I chatted with Ric from CNqualitygoods about a particular flashlight I might want for myself and possibly buy several of for others. Can't I just have everything I want?

absolutely nothing!!!

I went fishing this morning. Caught every shxt fish in the ocean. My UF H3 is great for fishing when its dark.

built a robot and made a simple avoid anything program for it :)

I hope it was a girl robot with a lubricated orifice plate and one button resettable memory.

I had sold a Trustfire S-A2 that I had done the strobe delete conversion on to one of the old folks in my Dads assisted living housing, but he decided to return it because he wanted the crazy flashy strobe modes like my dads Skyray S-A1 has. So I took the pill out of my Ultrafire C3 and realized the S-A2 pill screws right in so I swapped them out. Now I have a 3 mode C3 low,medium and high with no flashy strobe modes and the crazy old dude has a five mode S-A2 with the flashy and strobe modes.

WIN.

Took some beamshots.

Took some photos!

And Uploaded another batch of beamshots, but at a different camera setting (on a different camera too). EXIF info is preserved with images.

Not flashlight related, but I mowed lawn with my new lawnmower.

Took my youngest off to college .

YEEEEEEAH! NAKED HOUSE! FINALLY!

That is a sweet lawnmower I almost bought that exact one when it was on sale at Sears a couple months ago.