What did you mod today?

Another swap on that intimidating MCPCB so soon? What about some DC fix to smooth the beam?

I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those choices. For me, I’ve been appreciating cooler CCTs for lights I find myself using during the day, and warmer CCTs at night. I’d say pick what fills a gap in your other lights.

thanks for your thoughts
I feel the same way,
I like when my lights are approximately similar color temperature as the ambient lighting Im adapted to :wink:

happy to report, the beam got better
I managed to reduce the beam artifacts by 90%, by fiddling with the position of the pill on its shelf…

2200K is much warmer than Im used to during the day and evening, … maybe it will be a nice color when waking in the dark of night… fully dark adapted, Curious to try that.

2 Thanks

I’ve yet to see a 519a I didn’t want to dedome.

Over the last year I replaced the emitters in all my favorite lights with 519a. Probably something like 35 emitters. And I dedomed every one of them! :grin: :smile:

congrats on your upgrades

I agree the dedomes are fun. I also like the domed 5700K for daytime use, these are all domed:

I dont actually use the two on the left… I still prefer 219b sw30 and sw45k

I have not been retrofitting to 519a, I just keep buying new lights to test them in… I just ordered another SC21 Pro, to put a dedomed 2700K 519a into, just out of curiosity to see the tint :wink:

Thise 519a sure are versitile. Have either of you tried slicing? I’d like to try it on the 2700k. That one dedomed is a little too orange for me.

no slicing experience, I agree the dedome 2700K is very warm orange

have you seen this slicing thread

I haven’t tried to slice these either, but I’ve sliced other emitters. Maybe I’ll try soon.

That thread is amazing. I’ve seen it before but lost it. Bookmarked now.

Put modded firmware on my M44s.

2 Thanks

I tried a 1mm slice on a 3500K 519A, but part of it went into the glass over the phosphor. So essentially it turned into a dedome.

Next I tried a 1.1mm slice on a 4500K 519A in order to not slice too low again. I was expecting a CCT around 3700K, but instead it’s closer to 4000K. Very similar to a dedomed 5700K 519A, but a lot less rosy.

Both are great, but the 1.1mm sliced beam is better than the dedomed in the same flashlight.

Here’s the 1.1mm sliced 519A:

1 Thank

Swapped a 4000k 80cri MT-G2 from aliexpress into an Emisar D1v2. It was not the cleanest soldering job but it worked.

6 Thanks

The tint seems to be not bad?

3000K 90CRI sfn55.2 in a KDLitker C21 with a convoy 12a FET. Total cost, <$25. Is it possible to make a brighter 90CRI light than this for <$25?

DUV could be a little lower. Beamshots taken with an 18650 in a sleeve, even though it’s a 21700 host, because I fear it’s full power…and cuz the springs are a little long, didn’t want to dent any terminals…but mostly the power thing.

Simon claims this driver with an sbt90 pulls 18amps. This emitter has a lower Vf than the sbt90 if sketchy chinese graphs are to be believed. Sure feels like >12amps, but I have no way to test. Sorry for bad beamshots, I’ll edit in better ones later, the bugs were attacking me.

2 Thanks

FW1A Pro Yinding 5050 3000K
I am honest… is very beautiful tint
My iPhone don’t do good pictures and I can’t lock the white balance so some numbers can help if you want to buy. :man_shrugging:
I think I have to try dcfix…

EDIT 4 July
Tint in last pic is very similar to what I see but a little less rosy because probably iPhone with procam auto correct colors and put less red. In real there is more rosy.

4 Thanks

It’s not a super rosy DUV but to my eye it is a really nice tint. Pretty bright and floody as well.

Supposedly the bin is 2-step 80cri 4000k.

1 Thank

I currently have a SFN55.2(6500K) with a 12A driver in a M21B.
I run it with a P42A and have 0 issues.

I’ve also built a S21A/SFN55.2(6500K) with a MTN20DDm and ran it on a 30T without issue.

1 Thank

Where did you buy that Yinding? Aliexpress or Kaidomain? I have a 3000k from AE when they first were released and it’s a bit yellow.

IIRC the Yinding “shenzhen silver ingot” store likely sells prototype/waste emitters where they normally would be discarded, so there is kind of a tint lottery from yellow to very rosy.

I bought 3 a while back from AE and the tint was very nice.

2 Thanks

Thanks, I’ve heard that. I have a couple different YD coming from KD and am looking forward to trying those.

It’s hard to keep track of these different sellers and what they’re actually selling, and once the LEDs arrive I don’t do the best job of tracking what they are and what lights I put them in (I’m working on that though). I might as well throw the ugly green ones away because I’m never going to use them.

Ali and the one I used is rosy and very good for eyes

That was a joke lmao. The battery compartment in that host is just small. I’ve used it with a 21700 fine before tho. Just didn’t like it bouncing around in my cargo shorts pocket like that for an hour or two walk is all.

I have the sfn60 in a D1k with a 12a linear fet too

1 Thank