What did you mod today?

Oh ya, no I was thinking all the 17mm convoy drivers, but I keep forgetting they arent eswitch lol

As far as I know, there are no ready-made, off-the-shelf, 17mm e-switch drivers available other than from mtnelectronics; the FET+7135 or the straight FET version. Those have the “not the best” FET issue Hoop mentioned. The versions that use the STAR-based e-switch option also seem to have a higher standby current drain than we are used to with Anduril firmware. At least that is what I believe, though I have no instrument readings; only my personal anecdotal evidence. The FET+7135 version can be had with D4 V2 Ramping firmware and an attiny85 MCU.

When 21700 cells became available the 17mm drivers began to disappear.

The TexasAce drivers that Hoop mentioned work very well but they must be self-made.

The Sofirn SP10 Pro driver is readily available. Unless you’re referring to those with a FET, in which case disregard.

AFAIK the SP10 driver isn’t a single PCB like the others, it is a PCB with a soldered on daughterboard, making it unusable for most lights.

You’re right. It makes it pretty tall. I have one I’ve yet to find a good host for.

Firefly T1R Yinding 3000K

The tint is really beautiful, rosy and not yellowish.
Perfect warm thrower! With 22430 battery is very portable.
Thank you @loneoceans for this gorgeous driver!!
Measure with Opple LM3

4 Thanks

Convoy M21B SFN55.2 6500K

Driver Convoy Buck 8A 22mm
Measure Opple LM3
It’s unbelievable how much super white is this 7200K 75CRI
No, bluish, no greenish.
A very good white light!!

1 Thank

Did you got this LED recently? Mine measured a little over 3500K at 85 CRI and i was thinking about getting some more.

September 2022 from Kaido.
I buy cool white and 3000K. I don’t like the 3K so I try 6500k and is good.
Kaido is not a super good seller and what you buy today is not the same they will send in the future even if you buy the same item, so you can try.

That’s why it’s different than mine, i got mine from the Yinding store and you got it from kaidomain. I thought you had gotten it from the Yinding store too.

Sofirn SC21 Pro LEDs swapped and firmware reflashed:

(these are for sale)

2 Thanks

“Streeets liiiightttt”!:joy:

1 Thank

I will try in next future

Convoy Simon doesn’t do the short body tube any more, so only option was ordering a whole L2 and swapping the 1/2 cell tube with the L6 2 cell tube.

Now need a 20.5mm 2S driver and LED to put in the L2 :stuck_out_tongue: .

Shorty, quad 519a L6 works but steps down after about 10 seconds for some reason… Also need to get the LED leads much more flat to allow reflector to sit lower, it might actually not result in such a doughnut beam once it’s sitting lower. I also spotted I flowed the two CCT 519a’s next to each other rather than diagonally opposite, so the CCT mixing isn’t very good.

I’ll also try the FC40 and see what set-up I prefer!

A while back I converted a TS10 into a single:

In doing so, I replaced the stock MCPCB with a 16mm single, thus losing the aux LEDs. Today, I created an aux “ring” and added it to the light. These are seven red 0603 LEDs. Ignore my careless soldering to the main LED, haha.

More info here:

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

3 Thanks

This looks great. I’ve been thinking of doing something similar to a D4V2 as I’m not such a fan of the sst20 emitters in it and I think a small, single emitter Emisar would be great. The reflector from a Convoy S21A seems a suitable size, though a longer replacement bezel would need to be made

Cool idea! I’ve thought about some things with that light requiring a bezel mod. If you have the stainless steel bezel you could braze an extension onto it to take advantage of its threading. I don’t have a lathe so the threads are often the tricky part.

1 Thank

That’s a great idea: I hadn’t thought of extending the non threaded end of the bezel! I was thinking of using plastic for a mock up, but thats a much more permanent solution

You know, you might even get lucky and find a TIR with dimensions that allow you to basically stack one SS bezel on top of another and braze the seam. Couldn’t get much easier than that.

Too bad there’s none of those out there :joy: