Magnetic cell contacts
56, 2mm x 2mm magnets in tail
18650 cell compatible

Length – 97mm
Width – 25mm
Weight – 185g (with 18650 cell)

And the next irresistible beauty …
:+1:

Sooo....... Fenix TK22 head + thrunite TN11 body + Eagletac PX30lc2 DR 2channel circuit board

Called him "Hulk"

What a nice shade of green! That looks amazing!

That’s not a mod, that’s a BUILD !
(a very nice build at that!)
Should have its own topic.

I mean, i swapped an LED in a TINI and made a topic of it, for crying out loud…
(seemed easier to find for others who like the TINI but who don’t like the 70CRI cool white)

Well technically it is a modified D4 :slight_smile:
I usually do make a thread but didn’t take any build pics so left it, bit tired out after making the rotary thread :smiley:
Your TINI thread is useful to others, mine is just showing what I made :+1:

A D4?
Only the driver is D4, i reckon.
Optics and LED board look like S41 / S42 / S43.

:slight_smile:

Driver & LEDs from D4, optic & MCPCB from astrolux S42.

About that Astrolux optic, TomE found out that it isn’t pretty efficient in terms of lumens output.

So you might perhaps want to replace it.

Thought about sanding down the D4 optic but the S42 slid right in so I went with that.
When have I ever been about light output efficiency?… :smiley:

IIRC that’s when it’s used in the Astrolux lights.
The bezel shrouds a bit of the optics.
Also, again IIRC, the later versions (of the optics or the lights they are used in) have more distance between optic and LEDs.

It’s just a simple PMMA TIR quad, so i wouldn’t know why it should be worse than others, as long as it’s implemented properly.

The nice thing about the Astrolux quad TIR is that it fills the bulk of the frontal surface with TIR optics.
The Carclo quad of the same diameter on the other hand, does not.

Ah, yes, the S42…. :person_facepalming:
That’s how i also have a spare set of Astrolux quad LED board + optics. :smiley: :smiley:

You did say S42, now all you need is some 22mm id tubing if you have some optics & MCPCBs spare… :wink:

I am trying to mod Courui D01 into aspheric light. This is just initial setup, nothing is final but it works. It needs quite a bit more work in order to focus the led perfectly but it should not be way too hard.

I am seeing about 600kcd measured at 5m but it might read higher at longer distance since the projection is much better looking when pointed at something that is 30+ meters away.

The led is black flat and it is on 32mm noctigon mcpcb.

One cool thing for this light will be bezel like the one on the Mjolnir.

CRX SR4-Cu

That’s sick, I love the beam.
Mjolnir is one of my favourite aspheric builds I’ve seen.

You never stop, don’t you ?
That’s once again a masterpiece !
I’m very jealous, not about the talent because that require some training that I’m not willing to try… but about the free time man, damn some times I wish I was single. But just some times, of course :slight_smile:

Hey thanks :smiley:

Mine too, i always wanted something similar to the Mjolnir so now i am trying to build one on a budget i will also talk to a coworker who has 3d printer whether is it possible or not to 3d print somewhat similar bezel for the D01.

Mjolnir has xml-2 dedomed(or XPL I am not sure but same thing) led with precoolimator lens.

Black flat and huge aspheric without precoolimator? Good luck :+1: