Thanks guys, all useful info. I’ve read most the tips in the past and tried to do the 3 slice technique but I guess my initial slice was too thick, resulted in me lifting it off. My blade was probably also not thin or sharp enough. Will get some razor blades and proper sized washers/spacers.
Do y’all slice with the blade parallel to the mcpcb or at an angle?
After trying everything including massive heat with a blowtorch followed by brute force, I finally broke the brass pill of my 2015 D25A Ti in two pieces (this was 2 years ago) trying to separate it from the bezel. One of the very few lights that did not surrender.
After selling my modded Convoy H1 to a buddy, I modded up another one. This time in addition to the MCU swap (attiny412 with RampingIOS), I also changed out the single red switch LED for two green ones. Makes for a great headlamp.
Modded my FF E01 today. LH351D W6 swap and changed the pairs of pink/green led’s on the aux board to 4x red led’s.
Its became one of my favorite lights but sucked down batteries so quickly with the power hunger sst-40, plus while I didn’t mind the tint cri seemed especially low. Lux is up to 72kcd, the tint / cri is much more pleasing and it takes way longer to throttle back now and the beam, which is what made it one of my most used lights is still just as usable, albeit with a bit smaller and more well defined hot spot.
Here’s a family photo, not all of my anduril lights, just those with forward facing AUX leds
I made some long overdue changes to my modding area. It has moved from taking up about 1/3 of the kitchen table to this adjustable height sit/stand desk! Still a lot of cleanup and organizing to do but it’s much nicer already than what I had.