What did you mod today?

Pico SST-20 2700K & XP-E Red 670nm - Fet+1 & 105c7135x4 - 18650 - Rv Clicky Sw - 600lm.Luminus SST-20 2700K emitter
16mm DTP copper MCPCB
FET+1 5 mode driver
OP Reflector
20mm ARC glass
Brass pill
GITD LED gasket
Reverse clicky side switch
Cree XP-E Red 670nm emitter
16mm DTP copper MCPCB
Nanjg 105c 4x7135
Mule
Reverse clicky bottom switch
GITD details

Length - 90mm/ 70mm
Width - 46mm
Depth - 24mm
Weight - 175g (with 18650 cell)
Max - 600lmA friend sent me this Pico iStick vaping device. I still prefer the real thing so modded it :D

The side clicky switch operates the main LED and the bottom switch operates the three mode deep red side LED.

:+1:

> A friend sent me this Pico iStick vaping device.

Holy Wow!

mind blowingly beautiful

Visualizing Anduril in the next version… lol

Squashed Maratac Peanut..

I was sent this to try and fix.Two hours later...It's not perfect but it works.

Yeah I just built it with some old parts from the spares box :slight_smile:

Green 40mm self powered glow cube XM-L2
USB rechargeable
160mAh Lipo cell
1x7135
Reverse clicky switch

Dual colour 20mm cube.

Charged with 400nm UV:

Charged with 5000K LED:

Very cool, CRX! Do you have pics of the internals of the self powered one?

No I didn’t bother, should have.

It has a mini DD08CRMB charger board with remote micro USB port, XM-L2 on a 20mm star, 12mm omten rv clicky sw, power running through a single 7135 chip and all built into one of those 25mm x 15mm round plastic containers with the LED sitting on top pointing up and a reflector tape stuck to the inside top of the well to shine some light downward.
It was tricky trying to find a balance between the glow powder mix, resin translucency, reflection and LED power/cell capacity to light up as much of the cube as possible without wasting the cell in two minutes.
Not perfect but it works ok.

:+1:

Lots of inspirational stuff on this page, as ever :smiley:
Liking the Pico mod CRX!

The FW3/NovaTac heat sinks are a bit heavier hand fit to a slight press fit, to the bored out body/head …. they can run a bit longer Turbo runs than the FW3A’s can.

. The first triple uses a copper sink pressed fit into an aluminum slug, brass signal tube and a FW3 driver.

It is a Heavy little Beastie…. but with the great knurling feels substantial in the hand…

The single emitter FW3/NovaTac uses an aluminum sink, brass signal tube and FW3 driver

20mm MCPCB pocket…easily change out emitter’s on 20mm DTP boards and in this case during the initial build a 3v 50.2 (it’s been changed numerous times so far)

The other 2 I have just made MCPCB’s to fit the better stock drivers… one with a XP-L V4 3C and the other with a Nichia 219B….

All of them run the brass signal tube as do most of my FW3’s and FW3 shorty mods…

Here is a stock driver updated board and Nichia 219B LED running the 18350… Future sink/driver upgrade? Maybe? :smiley: I do have a few left over and the pills/sinks are pretty easy to make.

I missed that crx! wow you clever wee bugger you! :smiley:
I knew it could be done…… and if there was anyone who could do it……. stunning!
It is fantastic to see someone turn something unused and basically would have gone in the bin, into a masterpiece! the true spirit of modding. :+1:
Oh and have you named it surely it’s got to be the CRX ‘Puff Drive’ lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome mods :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :smiley:

Very cool! Reminds me of this:

This is STUNNING:

Hard to believe this was a vaping device! Looks like a curious Cool Fall Spy-007 variant. You should consider making a run of these.

What’s the funny looking thing on the desk? No, not the glowing cube. The grey thing with all of the buttons. :confounded:

Isn’t that a fax machine?

Naw, pretty sure it’s a copier. An ex-ee-rox, I think.

You got me, that’s got to be it.

Actually, it’s just a touch tone multi-line office phone. Not a Xerox/copier. The back has a slot for holding papers… Back in the late 1960’s copiers / fax machines were much, MUCH larger.

LOL