What did you mod today?

Sooo....... Fenix TK22 head + thrunite TN11 body + Eagletac PX30lc2 DR 2channel circuit board

Called him "Hulk"

What a nice shade of green! That looks amazing!

Thatā€™s not a mod, thatā€™s a BUILD !
(a very nice build at that!)
Should have its own topic.

I mean, i swapped an LED in a TINI and made a topic of it, for crying out loudā€¦
(seemed easier to find for others who like the TINI but who donā€™t like the 70CRI cool white)

Well technically it is a modified D4 :slight_smile:
I usually do make a thread but didnā€™t take any build pics so left it, bit tired out after making the rotary thread :smiley:
Your TINI thread is useful to others, mine is just showing what I made :+1:

A D4?
Only the driver is D4, i reckon.
Optics and LED board look like S41 / S42 / S43.

:slight_smile:

Driver & LEDs from D4, optic & MCPCB from astrolux S42.

About that Astrolux optic, TomE found out that it isnā€™t pretty efficient in terms of lumens output.

So you might perhaps want to replace it.

Thought about sanding down the D4 optic but the S42 slid right in so I went with that.
When have I ever been about light output efficiency?ā€¦ :smiley:

IIRC thatā€™s when itā€™s used in the Astrolux lights.
The bezel shrouds a bit of the optics.
Also, again IIRC, the later versions (of the optics or the lights they are used in) have more distance between optic and LEDs.

Itā€™s just a simple PMMA TIR quad, so i wouldnā€™t know why it should be worse than others, as long as itā€™s implemented properly.

The nice thing about the Astrolux quad TIR is that it fills the bulk of the frontal surface with TIR optics.
The Carclo quad of the same diameter on the other hand, does not.

Ah, yes, the S42ā€¦. :person_facepalming:
Thatā€™s how i also have a spare set of Astrolux quad LED board + optics. :smiley: :smiley:

You did say S42, now all you need is some 22mm id tubing if you have some optics & MCPCBs spareā€¦ :wink:

I am trying to mod Courui D01 into aspheric light. This is just initial setup, nothing is final but it works. It needs quite a bit more work in order to focus the led perfectly but it should not be way too hard.

I am seeing about 600kcd measured at 5m but it might read higher at longer distance since the projection is much better looking when pointed at something that is 30+ meters away.

The led is black flat and it is on 32mm noctigon mcpcb.

One cool thing for this light will be bezel like the one on the Mjolnir.

CRX SR4-Cu

Thatā€™s sick, I love the beam.
Mjolnir is one of my favourite aspheric builds Iā€™ve seen.

You never stop, donā€™t you ?
Thatā€™s once again a masterpiece !
Iā€™m very jealous, not about the talent because that require some training that Iā€™m not willing to tryā€¦ but about the free time man, damn some times I wish I was single. But just some times, of course :slight_smile:

Hey thanks :smiley:

Mine too, i always wanted something similar to the Mjolnir so now i am trying to build one on a budget i will also talk to a coworker who has 3d printer whether is it possible or not to 3d print somewhat similar bezel for the D01.

Mjolnir has xml-2 dedomed(or XPL I am not sure but same thing) led with precoolimator lens.

Black flat and huge aspheric without precoolimator? Good luck :+1:

The potential problem with the aspheric is itā€™s focal length. Finding the right aspheric for your build can be challenging. If you use a pre-collimator lens it tends to result in a larger hot spot in my experience. It allows a closer placement of the main aspehric but then it extracts that toll.

I do love seeing the big fisheye glass, they can be a challenge, but hey, isnā€™t that what itā€™s all about? :smiley:

Well, being single with lots of free time is the easy part when your one true love & kids are buried.
You spend fifteen years in the bottom of a bottle to eventually sober up one day and realise too that all those punks who dropped you when it happened werenā€™t ever really friends anyway and youā€™re still alone because every day you think of her & are still loyal to her.
So you take up a hobby that comsumes your time & mind to get by.
Man, sometimes I wish I had let them live :laughing:
(Just to clarify, this is a made up joke)

Olight S1RII emitter swap :

Left : stock S2RII SST40 7500K (!)
Right : S1RII XM-L2 7A3 3000K

Also, I donā€™t have the right MCPCB for that (need some thin 3535, like Jaxman used to sell) but I tried the Olight optics on two new LEDs :
LH351D, itā€™s a win ! Really great fat beam, well defined without artifacts
LH351B, also a win ! GReat beam, well defined and a bit more throwy thanks to smaller die area.

This open to some new possibilities for my Olight with TIR :slight_smile: