What did you mod today?

cheali is the best for the four button chargers. it simply works! nice mod

Henk4U2, I forget that the world over doesn’t have .22LR everywhere. Seems like you can buy them at lemonade stands around these parts… (that IS an exaggeration but they are quite common and can be bought here in some of the strangest places, seems like everybody I know was shooting .22’s since childhood)

Not sure what would be ideal then for a punch. But the punched clean cut hole does indeed help keep a cut from tearing on the ends. Works well in leather too. A leather punch?

Some of the Mom and Pop stores around here still have 22lr behind the counter —- Use to be very common around here

How about a Parker Quinkflow Ballpen refill. Outside diameter is 5.8mm, thats about 0.228”.
Maybe a bit prone to collapsing, IDK.

Here I modded an old Lupine bike light with Yuji high-cri LEDs (in German).

I modded this bit of aluminium into a thrower.
Xhp35 hi, h2c driver, 86mm kaidomain reflector, 2 26350.
Compared to convoy L6

Nice!

Woah, that’s a biggun’

Still fairly compact for what it will do big chunk of alui for battery cap balances it. The driver is single mode, i did put another resistor from a cooked driver on it and i dont know the readings. 1hr45min run on 4500mah 26650 the led with 35mm mcpcb sits on a 10mm copper disc.
I have done readings with lux meter 32450lux @2.85m = 263575.125candela? for 1026m throw result.
It is probably the distance im measuring from. But they seem to way short of real world use the w30 as a control

Decided to rebuild my first big scratch built thrower using a CFT-90. Rebuilt the Bistro driver with an SIR404DP MOSFET and swapped the leads in favor of 16ga Turnigy. With a freshly charged 30T it pulls 25.8A and makes 4600 lumens start value. About to do a 5M lux test even though thats too close.

The big 95mm reflector is really putting it out there! :smiley:

A CFT-90 in a 95mm reflector? I wanna see that beamshot! :sunglasses:

Even a 5M test gives me 1.09Mcd! Figures out to 1.3 miles with a 4600 lumen output! Yup, schoolgirl giggles and an ear to ear grin! :smiley:

Nice!

Remember this? ;)

Lol, yup!

Spent $123 getting here just to see what all the fuss was. Lot more lumens, tighter really than a 70 can do, but of course Luminus can’t make an efficient emitter so it takes major current to get the lumens. Still, single cell without a fancy boost driver…

Boredom pushes us strange places.

That must’ve been a big lump of aluminium. Nice job :+1:

Another big chunk. Lovin’it :beer:

The old way, little white barn at 610 yds with my Canon G1X at ISO 1600, 1/2 sec manual exposure f/5.6. 2 second timer. I, uh, was sorta using a fence post top to snap the shot and might’ve, well, moved slightly on the zoomed in shot. :blush:

Oh, and this is using the 32650 instead of the 30T. So it’s at a start value of 4200 lumens instead of 4600. Not sure about the lux change, obviously it still works well with the 6000mAh cell. :smiley:

Edit: PP? Notice the reflector is a sprung part of the light, at 95mm opening I couldn’t really machine a head for it so I just threaded the reflector and used an adapter to fit it to the one piece pill/tube section. Then threaded the top for a bezel. I managed ok with this one, the 124mm reflector was a bear when I made that light! This one has a very heavy copper pill threaded into the top of the aluminum body. Should absorb and disperse the heat effectively.

Edit II: For those that may not remember I built this light originally in Oct of 2017, a few months after neck surgery. It was the first thing I did on the lathe after being released by my Dr.

Edit III: It could be that I may like copper a little too much. This was the copper pill after removing it from the light and de-soldering the 32mm MaxToch MCPCB that was in it… looking at what I needed to do to fit the CFT-90. This thick copper construction doesn’t have negative isolated, so I used Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive under it to separate the CFT-90 from the lights ground.

Is it possible for a flashaholic to like copper too much? :innocent:

Maybe. DBC-05 started out with a 3.17 pound copper round bar for a pill. :smiley:

Actually SST-20 is not merely efficient for a 2mm² emitter - it’s very efficient.