What did you mod today?

Good insight contactcr!

I was thinking tint and CCT, but beam is very important too especially with a single reflector flashlight.

Mine will be with a triple 10511 Carclo lens so I think I’ll go with my original plan and behead them!

Reading isn’t my strong suit with Carclo I think you are good to go either way :+1:

Woo Hoo!

agree, that is why I do not dedome 519a in V11r
V11r reflector on left, showing the supersized base hole, on right is a V10r reflector (from a light that came originally with XP-G. these reflectors work perfectly w 219b)

beam comparison:

it Might be possible to use a dedome, IF the mcpcb is raised about 0.5mm. It may also be necessary to remove the stock centering ring (which means centering the LED by eye), and replace with kapton tape, or one of these nifty stickers

Lifting the LED has worked for me when using E21a and also 219b in V11r. I kept the stock centering ring on those mods. I have used 5x layered thermal tape, between the mcpcb and shelf. The tape also helped me to hold the mcpcb where I wanted it to be, to center the LED by eye.

Another way I gain height of the LED is the mcpb I use is 1.5mm, while stock is 1mm… but the centering ring creates its own spacing between the mcpcb and reflector base, hence lifting the LED does not necessarily move it closer to the reflector… it migh just raise the height of the stack (mcpcb + centering ring + reflector + lens), which is revealed by a slightly larger gap at the bezel.

the V11r assembly also uses a shim below the reflector, this could be removed to lower the reflector. (shown here on a V10r Ti+, that uses the same XML as the V11r)

disclaim, I have not tried removing that shim… proceed with caution…

here is a full modding sequence album for that V10r Ti+

Domed, this looks much better in this reflector. But it is also a great tint with domes on. I would try with domes on first.

519A dd, lume1, Anduril2

IDK…

The Mezzol X6 (Eagle Eye X6) host version they are selling on AliExpress now can fit a 22mm driver.

Mezzol X6 with a Convoy driver and XHP35HI

Mezzol X6 with a Convoy XHP70.2 driver and XHP50.3HI

The XHP50.3HI had a small spot in the beam it became alot better with this little trick from Justin :

1 Thank

DB Custom is going to need a dozen of these new ones. :smiley:

Cut down my old SIM card (mini, 2FF) to micro (3FF), per what the blurbs said it took.

Then I find after I open my phone that it takes nano (4FF), so had to recut it down to that.

Forgot to clip the corner first, so had a symmetric rectangle of pretty much just the metal pads, and of course with 50/50 odds, I stick it in wrong at first. (“That’s what she said…”)

Then, aha, this pin here should be “ground” (connected to the center pad), so flipped it, and it worked.

Oh, and then let’s not forget actually planing down the entire card because it’s physically thinner, too.

Btw, wtf does simple messaging need with location, camera, microphone, f’n EVERYTHING before it works? I just want simple SMS ferchrissakes.

I get the feeling all these new incarnations of even the simplest stoooopitest things are gonna be that way.

Most default messaging apps now include features like video chat and location sharing. If you don’t use those features, it will probably still work for basic messaging if you deny those permissions in the settings.

Too late. Peeling off the 519A domes are so darn easy and I’m looking forward to the rosy tint of my triple dedomed sm355 and sm305 LEDs.

That’s what I would’ve thought, but it was a no-go. Would go right to the “you need to turn on these permissions” screen and other than backing out (only to try again), left no options.

I really want to get out of the Googooverse, but…

Haha, guess you’re not a neutral fan.

Install LinageOS (or another custom rom) and open Gapps :wink:

Good one! :slight_smile:

Way back when (and I’m sure you know this), neutral white meant LEDs that were warmer (like 5000K) than cool white.

I bought a cool white Sunwayman D40A back in 2014 to get the most lumens, and then bought the neutral white version soon afterwards. I sure liked the neutral one better! We’ve come a long way since then!

Modded the Wurkkos TS10

See the above link for my mod thread with more pictures.

Some pictures:

This modded TS10 is smaller than an FWAA, brighter than a TS10, and has the beam pattern of an FW3A.

Sunwayman V11r sw45k mod

was
0.03 low
449 max

w sw45k
<0.01 low
300 max

Modding Album

Removed xp-l hi 3D and installed sm573 in my FW1A. Really like it.

Suwayman V11r w 519a 5700K DeDomed became 4200K

Album

Wanted to see what all the ruckus was about these days……

FW3X with 519A, 3500K, SS bezel

nice photo, would like to see the LEDs On, too :wink:

> see what all the ruckus was about

congrats, and how does it look to you? :wink:

(imo they get prettier, and warmer, dedomed)