What did you mod today?

Hmm yes. I was trying to stay in the 5050 footprint for this reason.

I haven’t opened the light yet but I doubt it’s a regular sized mcpcb like 20-25mm. Getting a bigger 9090 mcpcb will prove tricky. I’ll measure it once I get the chance to open it.

Beautiful

1 Thank

It’s impossible to correctly focus+center an Osram in such a large reflector, given the small and nonstandard footprint. For a reflector this size you really need an 5050 or above emitter.

I modded one and if i remember correctly is not a standard pcb but there is a store in Ali that sell all type of pcb for all measure. I think 5050 footprint maybe the fastest and useful mod

1 Thank

I know astrolux/mateminco do Ft03 with sbt90 and I think the reflector is the same but for sbt led

1 Thank

HDS Rotary from Cree XPG R5 6500K to Nichia 519A 3500K

A big thank to bob_mcbob for help me with this mod.
Thanks to @jon_slider for LED suggestion

4 Thanks

Great Photos, fantastic HDS mod… congratulations! :beer:

I added a copy of your modding photo to the end of my HDS album, thanks!

2 Thanks

Nice job, Sir! :saluting_face:

1 Thank

SFH55 LED in einer Convoy S21A | Taschenlampen Forum (taschenlampen-forum.de)

I would like to do the same toy for me…But te driver-only MTN sell driver like was used here? Simon or aliexpress dont sell this powerfull drivers? Or iam blind? Thanks alot:)

Sadly FET drivers like the one I used in that S21A aren’t sold on Aliexpress or from Convoy

The only two really available sources are MTN electronics or cwf with their dragon driver.

You might be able to find a BLF-A6 driver somewhere too, but last I heard they weren’t manufactured anymore

1 Thank

No BLF A/X 6 availability.
I want a couple and I don’t find it anywhere

You mean the one for this flashlight???

Yes, it uses a FET+1 driver with Bistro firmware iirc

1 Thank

Waw…i didnt know…so iam saved.Cos i have a few of them hahaaa

You can get basically any 7135 driver and convert it to FET if you want FET for cheap. You can replace the 7135 with a SOT89 FET if you shift it two pads to the right. a nanjg 105c can hold four SOT89 FETs using this trick.

There may have some mosfet with the same pad layout of the 7135 but i never found one.

1 Thank

I tried exactly that with a cheap convoy driver but never got it working properly

for what?

Ok but the mtn driver can give 25 amps no? And the blf…?

The mtn fet drivers use a >6mOhm resistance fet (IRLR8726TRLPBF) which is… not ideal for such a high amperage application. Several watts of heat will be dissipated in the fet. There are inexpensive fets in the same package size which have 1/10 that resistance.

1 Thank

Sorry I make a mistake