What did you mod today?

Great find indeed but I wonder what makes them so expensive?
Compared to Yianmei they are like 10x more expensive.

The price is for 20 pieces. So less than a dollar each.

2 Thanks

Looking forward to your report!
I have the 2903 version and some more from the same store on order. I will also share my results when they get here.

1 Thank

If anyone knows of a TIR that fits the Convoy M21A (SFT40 or XHP70.3 HI), please share!

1 Thank

I’m not sure if it’ll fit, but I plan on getting a Ledil Iris and the corresponding holder and trying it in my M21A. It’s only 38mm x 28.5mm, but I think ~6mm spacer under the mcpcb will work.

2 Thanks

That sounds promising. Is this the one you were looking at?

I was looking at this one. It’s supposed to work with 7070 emitters, and I plan on using it with an XHP70.3.

2 Thanks

Olight Ti SMini w DeDomed 4500K 519a and 30 degree pebbled Tir (Opple 3 cct and duv data):

Im quite pleased w this one,
the DD 4500K 519a is my personal favorite warm LED option,
and the Pebbled Tir produces a nice even floody beam.

We can see there is a significant cct and duv change
between the 40 lumens and 300 lumens outputs.

8 Thanks

Turned a Convoy L6 gt-fc into a UV monster based on a build from Sakowuf from reddit. Start with Convoys 12v gtfc driver, replacing a sense resistor from r020 to r040. Sakowuf found some supplier that makes a 9die 9090 size 365nm emitter. You have to dremel out the 7070 gasket to sit lower around the 9090 emitter. The zwb2 lens was cut by Sakowuf to fit the L6. Has an OP reflector to even out the beam. Beam shot vs an emisar D1k 5w UV

10 Thanks

A simple mod. Swapped the emitter in a SC21 Pro that is to be gifted to a son who likes 2700K light. Swapped in a 519A 2700K with the dome intact.

The images show, Left to Right…
L = SC21 Pro with a de-domed 519A, 4500K (My EDC light)
Mid = SP10 Pro with factory LH351D, 5000K
R= SC21 Pro with the 519A, 2700K with dome

The first image is only illuminated by the light from the 3 lights and a little bit of outdoor light spilling from a window behind me.

Lower image has overhead spill light from a triple 519A, de-domed 4500K mule

4 Thanks

I installed LH351D 5000K in my EDC FW3A.
Mine definitely don’t look that green!
I replaced the Magenta AR Coated Lens with a Green Coated Lens which helps a little.

1 Thank

I keep that SC10Pro mostly only because I can run AA cells in it if needed. Other than the green tint I also can’t live with the non-illuminated switch that is virtually impossible to easily find in dim light. I like the shape and size though. I wanted so much to like it, but I can’t even be bothered to swap the emitter.

2 Thanks

I decided to test my LH351D 5000K on my Opple:

Ceil:

Turbo:

1 Thank

you have very good taste :wink:
it resembles mine, lol

(you might like to try this Tir, I prefer the 30 degree, the one in the pic was 25 degree)

my feelings exactly

I dont use turbo, I test at much lower outputs… about 40 lumens. which makes the tint much greener:

and some LEDs are greener than others:

Dedomed 4500K 519a, LH351d 5000K:

imo the SC21 Pro has a better reflector than the SP10 Pro. Without the shadow around the corona, that we see in the SP10 Pro:

3 Thanks

A bit off-topic, but where does the step/tooth around 5000K in the BBL line comes from?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Thank

I saw someone else with the same problem of not being able to find the switch on an SP10, and they glued a tiny dot of grip tape (or sandpaper) to it. They said it worked well, might be worth a shot

Sort of “mod” of my new Convoy S21E (which I like a lot), solving the slight battery rattle and my fading Anduril memory. Did something like this in my Q8 too, and I guess I’m not the only one. (click filmpje)

Filmpje

Now find space in the S21E for my reading glasses :thinking:

7 Thanks

:rofl: