What did you mod today?

I like your sense of humour :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I have several pairs scattered about the house, workshop, truck, car…

I used some spare parts that were lying around to assemble a TiCu Convoy T3. Wurkkos TS10 optics, PCB and bezel, with 3000K, 4000K and 5700K CSP2323, also from the TS10.

The 4000K came from the first Ti TS10, so they aren’t very great, but now the mixed tint is great, temp is about 4300K with neutral to slightly negative DUV. I used a chunk of copper made of 3x16mm (one of them was sanded to 14mm) MCPCBs to raise the triple LED PCB, which was also sanded to fit inside the T3 head. I’m using a 8x7135 driver, as the stock T3 driver output current was quite a bit low for this setup. No illuminated switch, yet.

8 Thanks

I like that setup with the TS10 triple.

FYI to you and others, you can email Wurkkos and ask to purchase just the TS10 board and optic. They’re useful in all sorts of small lights where a 20mm triple won’t fit.

I plan to put the TS10 triple in a Sofirn HS40 headlamp. The recess for the reflector is strangely undersized so a 20mm triple won’t work.

1 Thank

Maybe another hot shrink upper the first?

That 50E already has an extra wrap. So the S21E has quite some spare diameter inside the tube.

@Don: same here, cheap reading glasses everywhere at home and at work.

1 Thank

@djozz I use a +2 for general reading and have a +4, +5, and +6 in the workshop for close up fine detail work.

(some more off-topic) I have quite heavy cilindrical abberations in both eyes (not sure if that is the correct english term) so apart from the many cheap reading glasses I had an expensive one custom-made to my eyes, purposely for close-up work (and for my cell phone), that focusses closer than normal reading glasses, at 20cm instead of 40cm, it is about equivalent to +3.

astigmatism

1 Thank

Nice!
Recently I modified the HD15R and I had the LH351D 5000K left, so I decided to put it in the WK02. I used it at work, but SST20 4000K is too warm at work.
Now there is more power and wider, the color is 4500K, still warm but better :wink:
WK01 with SST20 4000K, Opple shows 3700K very nice peach :smiley:
WK02 with SST20 6500K, Opple shows 5500K and has a small tint shift.

I agree, it works better with 1.5V batteries/cells.
For WK02 I have a 3.7V Acebeam 10900 700 mAh cell. The power is medium and high, and it heats up quickly.

These flashlights have low power, so CCT of LEDs will be lower. I have LH351D/519A 5700K - maybe someday…
I also agree that they are great little flashlights, I don’t understand why they discontinued them either. They are perfect for work or diagnostic purposes.
The new WK05 with 2x14500/AA is nice and has more power, but much bigger. With this size, it’s probably better to choose an 18650 flashlight with USB.

2 Thanks

Livin’ on the edge
I fit a 9 Amp D4sV2 driver into a DM11 with a W2 green led…took a little sanding but got it to fit. Just wondering how long the W2 will hang with 9 amps before it gets crispy :crazy_face:

8 Thanks

Sofirn SC21 Pro arrived, modded one immediately:

Installed a Pebbled Tir and reflashed firmware for lower lows

4 Thanks

Popular mod

I recently received an Acebeam H16 headlamp.
The 5000k 519A had a CCT of 4800k and duv of about +0.0015.

After shave of 1.2mm, CCT was about 4575k with a slightly negative duv of -0.0015.
Nice, except the smooth reflector now generated a few artifacts around the hotspot.

Time for an old trick from my CPF and incandescent days… I lightly “sputtered” the reflector with some clear Krylon. Now beam is almost perfect. It is hard to get a good reflector picture. The texture isn’t as rough as this pic makes it seem. I find this to be an excellent way to lightly soften a beam when DC Fix is a bit more than you want.

Imgur

Imgur

FBsLights

7 Thanks

Nice trick. I used DC fix when I dedomed mine but I do wonder if it’s a bit too disused for my liking.

lol, great minds :wink:

I like DD 4500K 519a a lot

Part way through making a fixed focus light

19 Thanks

wtf did i just see

3 Thanks

Old school… not so long ago, flashlight making.

2 Thanks

Lol, that’s funny :grin: . Flashlight making is so old school that whipper snappers don’t know what they’re seeing … :crazy_face::upside_down_face:

2 Thanks