What did you mod today?

Does the pill just unscrew for this Mod — Much glue

Yes, unscrewed with flat tip tweezers without issues. Direction is clockwise though.

1 Thank

It has a thread for itself, but I think it fits here, too. Finally finished the Lumintop EDC15 for my girlfriend - it got rose color Cerakote, different (less floody) TIR and LED swap to a 519A 4500K DD.

Full post here: Lumintop EDC15, custom Cerakote, TIR swap and 519A emitter swap - #19 by ebastler

7 Thanks

Nice job ebastler! I enjoyed reading your post. :+1:

2 Thanks

Emitter swap in Fenix TK35UE 2015.

Originally there was an XHP50 with dome. I put the XHP70.3 HI 4000 K 70 CRI from my test in. (Release in the next days)

The gasket was designed specifically for this light and used board.

The tint is really rosy. Very pleasant, even with low CRI of only 70. Unfortunately there is a ring on the outside of the spill, maybe due to changed radiation of domeless LED. But it is not annoying, much better as before (greenish XHP50 with yellow-ish artifacts around spot)

Other advantage is the same throwy beam as before since the size of the LES is more or less the same as of old XHP50.

2200 lm after 5 sec.

9 Thanks

Ohh…nice gasket, I am very surprised for the micro holes in the gasket for the LED angle! 3D printer is?

Yes, 3D printed. I was able to get a heavily modified and perfectly working Geeetech A10 for only a few bucks from a friend.

The micro holes are important for not damaging the corners of the LED package if the gasket moves a little bit. This happens sometimes with this type of gasket.

2 Thanks

Sorry, the name of the 3D printer? :grin:

In my post. Geeetech A10 (heavily customized).

Ops sorry, i don’t know nothing about it. Ok i see it now in the web. Is very nice

What material did you print it out of? Few materials I’d trust to maintain structural integrity around a high power LED…

1 Thank

For a parabolic reflector one would want to raise the gasket with tape on the bottom to fix a prematurely convergent beam. But from looking at beamshots I’m convinced that these small Acebeam reflectors aren’t quite perfectly parabolic, so you might never achieve the focus you want with a small domeless LED. But worth a try in either direction.

1 Thank

PETG. Works fine so far, even with long runtime and much heat while using.

1 Thank

Right, I put it the wrong way, sorry.

If anyone wants to read more:

I used PETG for a CPU mounting kit in my server (heatsink without AM4 kit included that I wanted to have on a AM4 board) and it holds up well so far for 3 years.

PETG is a glass-like material, as in that it constantly flows very slowly at any temp, but it retains a decent level of stability until pretty high temperatures in my experience. Should work. PLA I would absolutely not trust.

Yeah, I started 3D printing straight away only with PETG because it is simply better as PLA.

I have also made the gasket more robust than it should actually be. This should be good even at higher temps while using turbo (max. 70-75 °C)

1 Thank

I did my first emitter swap this weekend, swapped out the stock SST-40 on my SC31 Pro with a LH315D in 2700k. So warm and comfy now, here it is next to a dedomed 519a 2700k in a D1 mini on the right. Sorry if this isn’t formatted correctly, i am uploading on mobile.

Edit: I should clarify this was not just quick and easy LED swap, i had to take a Convoy MCPCB and remove the LED. Then reflow the LH315D on to it, surprisingly easy and only blinded myself once :man_with_probing_cane:

9 Thanks

So i just swapped SBT90.2 Red into Manker MK37. There is now High, Very High and Turbo. Lot of heat :fire: Vf is 2.7 vs 3.6 on White version so there is a little problem but working.

6 Thanks

Warning: do not use the Convoy 7mm 5050 gasket with XHP50.3Hi.

I tried modding my M21B from 9mm OP to 7mm SMO. The gasket put pressure on the silicone, resulting in this:

1 Thank