What did you mod today?

This should help with Courui focusing.

Thanks for the link, I hadnā€™t seen that before.

Man, 0.5mm will make or break itā€¦ I dont know how Iā€™m supposed to make a spacer that precise

assuming I use Narsil and therefore no LVP resistors adding drain, what kind of vampire can I expect from a zener-mod 2S set up? I can lock out when itā€™s not in use, but just wondering about short-term drain.

Pretty bad - zener's suck cells dry Dunno the rate, but that's why I'm using an LDO based driver in my modded L6. My L6 has like a 0.040 mA drain, good for years, and don't really need the tail lockout switch.

Are we talking 1ma? 20ma? More?

I was thinking about running an always on indicator off the drain from the zener, not sure if that would work or not.

I donā€™t currently have LDO parts or a pcb that is set up for it. I was hoping to not have to wait for Oshpark for this build

Here, post #18: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30506/18. Richard says 0.01A - 0.03A, or 10-30 mA - 100 hours to fully drain a 3000 mAh cell.

I think the voltage divider resistors are an insignificant amount compared to the zener, so really doesn't matter if you have them or not.

I havenā€™t found the drain to be quite that extreme, I mean, 100 hours is just 4 days, but Iā€™ve found a Zener modified FET to drain a cell in pretty short time. Itā€™s an e-switch issue of course, a mechanical tail switch breaks power and this parasitic drain doesnā€™t happen.

By the way, Iā€™ve been seeing this a lot lately so I wanted to point it out (yes I know, itā€™s the OCD side of me) Zener is a manā€™s name, the Zener diode was named after the guy that invented it and as such, itā€™s capitalized. Due respect and all thatā€¦. The device was named after Clarence Melvin Zener, who discovered the Zener effect. Zener reverse breakdown is due to electron quantum tunnelling caused by a high strength electric field.

With regular values R1/R2 or 10x values ?

Hoop can do custom spacers or you can layer the thin sticky backs that RMM sells or kapton tape. Page link He has XP and XM sizes.

I had XML T6 led and 3-mode driver from modded C8 so decided to put it in this light to replace LB.

Not that good light but nice to practice and to have fun modding. It had hollow pill so I put some copper and solder to fill it. Sorry didn't take good picture of it finished.

Nice mod XXX-Man. :+1:
Whats next on the hit list?

Thank you MRsDNF :)

Had some more free time so decided to do the same thing to SK98 clone I had for some time. Same copper fill to the hollow pill, but this time XPL HI V2-1A and 4Groups AMC7135*8 driver.

:+1: :slight_smile:

I need to get some copper strip to stay in place without anything to solder it to. I tried super glue but it just wonā€™t hold onto the copper. Anybody know of a different adhesive that would work?

Resin, JB weld. Will it be taking any heat?

No heat, not even that much movement. It would probably be fine under just a press fit in my usage, but if it does wiggle too much I have a short in my hands (literally).

Well i use resin if thereā€™s no heat and JB weld if there is. Two part resin seems to stick to stuff a bit better. Roughen up the contact points & clean/ degrease.

Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive

JB Weld

Drill and tap for a small screw, or just pin it.

Modded Ultrafire C8 today.

New: AR glass, aluminium reflector, XPL HI V2-1A, 7135x8 with biscotti, brass pill, wires

Can hardly see the pictures :stuck_out_tongue: