What did you mod today?

Well done!

I’m curious, would the warm white emitter cause the X7 to have more, less, or similar runtime compared to CW?

Must be the nicest way to “lose” ~1700 lm I’ve ever seen, Djozz!

I would be just sick if I did a bunch of work and wound up with 1700 less lumens and an ugly orange beam color. :confounded:

I broke into the TM16 just to get rid of a color like that. They glued the heck out of it too! (Olight probably did on that one too, huh?) But we all have a different perspective on what constitutes perfection, which is what makes this place totally rock! :smiley:

I knew you were not going to like this Dale :smiley:

I love this tint since the first time I set a forest on ‘fire’ with a S8 with floody 2000lm warm XHP50.

@unknown00101 : I would not expect a different runtime, AFAIK the tint difference is just made by the different phosfor layer on the same led.

Naaaa, it’s all right Jos, that’s an all right color, reminds me of the headlights in my ol ’51 Chevrolet Custom DeLuxe. :wink:

As a matter of fact, those old headlights were 6V too….

Nice for one two reasons djozz. One it worked when you were done and secondly you didn’t turn the MCPCB black. :slight_smile:

I’m digging the warmer tints, especially in combination with that kind of output. But I have to admit, I have no light with such kind of output. 3000-4000 lm is where it ends right now. I still restrict myself to single cell lights…

There’s no glue on the bezel of the X7, I checked that the first day I received mine, lol.

I made it to Home Depot today. They didn’t have any round looking bits at all (like those CRX posted). So I grabbed a skinny little 7144 bit (the only diamond thing they had)

and a 9903 Tungsten bit, which is a little wider.

I tried the diamond first, and it made some progress, but I switched to the Tungsten and it blew through the work with ease.

…………………………

Really tiny driver pocket though. I don’t know if I’ll be able to stack anything, I think I might have to design a new pcb in Eagle.

Nice save.

Success! Now unscrew that leftover screw with some needle nose pliers and buy a new screw! :smiley:

It was still glued tight and no way to get a good grip on it, so I just cut it off flush.

Today I took that JM30 and put a shaved XHP70 in it, true direct-drive from two 26350’s. It will get a driver when I have more time, but for now it’s pulling 8.5amps, giving my S70 a run for it’s money in a really small package. The wide, shallow reflector gives a wide spill but a nice concentrated spot. It handles the heat decently well too. Nice.

That looks like a nice little light, PD. Did you measure the lux?

Guys, what would you do?
I have an olight SR90 intimidator with busted led on the way. Originally it had Luminus SST-90 led that spit out about 2000 lumens, today this led is outdated so it’s a bit harder to find one with CW tint (can’t order from digikey or element14 because of too high shipping fees), to my knowledge driver is working fine so i thought it would be nice to use it but problem is that SST-90 forward voltage is about 3.8V (it takes up to 18A) while all modern high power leds are 6V or 12V which will require driver replacement.
I am leaning towards XHP35!
I do have XHP 70 leds but for better throw I would have to slice the dome and the chances are way higher that I would destroy the emitter

Btw, I do have Luminus PT-54 but that thing is not meant for easy installation,

Are you wanting to go back with the SST90?

I finally stacked 3 7135’s!!! This is a huge accomplishment for me!!!

Congrats! Those little legs are tedious, a couple of the chips aren’t too difficult to access but the other two are a bit of a bugger. Definitely a learning curve…

Nice work matt!

Tonight I switched my naked X6R from a triple back to a single with the stock reflector. I just like the beam pattern so much better.

In related news, whats the best way to clean a reflector? I rinsed some metal dust off with water, but now I have water spots.

I will use filtered water and a hair dryer or second rinse with alcohol. Very tough to get all the spots gone though.

Tip: Isopropyl alcohol is mostly water, use something like Bacardi 151 and use the reflector like a funnel, hold it over your mouth, a few rinses and it’ll either be as good as new or you won’t care. :wink: