What do I need for programming ATtiny25?

Yeah they told me that also that they send it only as registered mail over 500kr value, that is unfortunate.

I guess i rather place smaller orders when i need it in that case.

got myself 3 attiny 85s, lost one, bricked 2 - presumably with wrong fuses but unclear why, because I used default

-U lfuse:w:0x62:m -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m -U efuse:w:0xff:m

but the good thing is - it absolutely can be mounted in place of an attiny13 with some pin origami.

LOL at pin origami :smiley: can i ask how you know it worked if they all broke? did you get it to work first and then accidentally bricked them?

I hope some of the more experienced members can help you figure out what happened.

I think that vex_zg is simply saying that they fit.

We know that the pinout is compatible (and actually we know that texaspyro says they fit with the pins folded under). TP’s word on the subject was always good enough for me, I was never interested in creating projects which required that type of ‘pin origami’ to build.

Yeah i think you are right.

I don’t doubt texaspyro or vex_zg that it fits either i just wonder if that played a part in that it is not working for him.

I doubt it? Those pins should bend under just fine.

BTW, I just got a notification from Atmel that they are now using copper bond wires in their packages. They used to use gold. (or maybe it’s the other way around). They say it won’t make any difference in performance/reliability… time will tell…

Does anyone know the difference between the SU and the SSU versions? Reading the specs they seem exactly the same, but are priced slightly different.

SSU is smaller, the size of the typical ATtiny13A(-SSU).

SU is bigger (200mil instead of 150mil case width).

Aha, it’s the size… the one thing I didn’t check. Thanks!

Interesting thread.

Question

Wouldn’t one of these work with this usb programmer?

If connected right it should, but I wouldn’t use that adapter because you won’t be able to flash a MCU that’s mounted to a board. I’d get a clip instead.