What do you do for work?

nice

Do you work at the plant on Center Drive…. in Sterling Hgts, Michigan?

No, Toledo Ohio. We are owned by Kuka, we build the body for the Jeep Gladiator.

I knew Kuka made robots. I didn’t know they owned any automotive plants.

We are their only one. They primarily do robots and integration.

My niece lives in Perth. Her husband surfs in the ocean with some sort of electronic shark shocker / repellant thing strapped to his ankle .

A good idea wearing shark repellant nowadays. There’s been 2 shark fatalities a few hours south of Perth this year and 7 fatalities nation wide. This year has had an unusually high number of shark attack fatalities.

I’m a consultant for the US DoD.

:laughing:

Pacific Northwest logger (recently retired).

Computer/Network guru for medical clinic in So. CA

My jobs so secret, even I don’t know what I’m doing.

I work for a small company that makes electrochemical interrogators (rust meters).
I do most things technical, including software & electronics development, installation & repairs, customer support & quotes.
Next big project is a fuel cell tester.

I don’t know him, I just started joining the forum

good

Used to be a retail manager at a musical instruments store. I’m semi-retired now though.

electrical engineer
hack musician
elderly dad to 8 year old twin genius boys :slight_smile:

I’ve done a few jobs in my time, forklift driver, chimney sweep, working for an outdoor sports retailer…

I finally landed in the motorsport industry, assembling, testing and servicing race car components.

IT operations in telecom. I can reach out and touch thousands of end elements that provide services to subscribers. A lot of arcane knowledge about provisioning, access architectures, and unspeakable acts committed with SQL, Excel, and text editors.

I’ve always had a suspicion that ISPs give top priority to traffic going to and from speed test services. Care to confirm,deny, or take a pass on that topic? :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen any evidence of that at the network edge (access chassis such as DSLAMs and GWRs) where I work and the core router folks only seem interested in keeping them running optimally. If it’s happening at my employer - which I sincerely doubt - it’s occurring at some point I have no visibility to.