What Do You Have In Your Go Bag?

Well alright then. I think people around me have needed the stuff in my bag more than I have. The med kit alone has helped out more than once at little league games, parks, etc. I can see where just the weight of a bag like that could be a burden when pedal power is being used.

That is thoroughly pragmatic and sage advice. I carry a small camper/rv roll and also some of the compressed toilet paper tablets from Summits Point.

A small supply of Bismuth Subsalicylate is prudent too.

Need to order some of that compressed paper towel stuff. I have go bags at the house. I want to move them in our cars, but cars get so hot here in the sun. Things like tape, meds, etc degrade fast in that much heat.

This isn't a go bag, but it may help me go if ever trapped on the 9th floor in our office building. Also have extra belay devices, harness, pulleys, webbing, etc. to bring others down. Luckily our building has tempered glass and a side with no entry/exit ways or other foot/vehicle traffic. Ideally, I would use a huge conference room table as an anchor on that side of the building.

Since you may need to grab your bag and run away, total weight is something to keep in mind, specially if you have some back pains. Some stuff might be useful but maybe is not exactly necessary.

I keep in my bag (stays at home): emergency blankets, water filters, flashlight and batteries, mini stove and gas can, a little aluminum pan, some rope, first aid kit, a good fixed blade full tang knife, lighters… there are somethings I’ll put in it yet, like an waterproof poncho. Some fishing line and hooks can be useful depending on where you live, fish provides good amount of proteins and is easy to catch and cook.

Don’t forget to keep fire starter stuff, maps, first aid kit and other fragile things inside a dry bag. Backpack waterproof cover might help too.

Trashbags, trashbags, trashbags.

Cut 3 slits, and it’s a poncho.

Easy to stuff a backpack into, to keep it dry.

Lets you wrap’n’bury stuff you want to stash (’though foodstuffs might be sniffable to critters).

Etc.

I keep a role of the drum liners in my fishing boat for just those very reasons, the extra tough ones do make great ponchos.

How about a BLF recommended Budget Basic bug out bag?

All essential minimal needed items at the best value/price point.
Nothing worse than buying the water tight pill canister for $14.99 only to find out it is only 7.49 somewhere else for instance.
The flashlights, jump boxes,air pumps, tie down straps, etc. I have covered, it’s the rope, camp stoves, best MRE’s etc. that I need help with.

Would like to make a bag but am put off by the pre made backpacks of items that may be suspect quality at an inflated price.
But because I am not a prepper and have no inclination to be hard core it is hard to know what is a good deal and what is over hype.
This thread has already given me good ideas and I am building a folder of good links so when ready to assemble it will be click, click, clicky done.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Keith

~2bux.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-Same-Waterproof-Aluminum-Medicine-Pill-Box-Case-Mini-Bottle-Cache-Portable-Holder-Keychain-Container-Z4/32855190653.html

:laughing:

I have a North Face Bum Bag which is quite good, but the thing is, do I put a wallet in it, or just a leather pouch for coins, and there is already a pocket there for notes. wondering whats best.

This bag is one I use for my everyday bag. It’s just got some basics in it. I have been adding stuff to it that I find here and there. It’s about at maximum capacity. I need to go through it and prioritize. I have a pair of binoculars in there that take up a lot of space and I am thinking I don’t really need them in there everyday. Of course the day I take them out I will inevitably need them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Condor-127-Tactical-Deployment-MOLLE-Hunting-Shoulder-Go-Bag-Butt-Pack-OD-Green/221347349979

Up here, in the land of the righteous and progressive nirvana, we don’t need bug out bag. We just show our faces to our overlords and we will be taken care.

We certainly don’t need a 1911, a waterproof case of ammo, or two flashlights or a 9” survival knife or 500 test rope or medical kit or compass or zip ties or a few other essentials.

No sir, the government will take care of us….

Because of all the meth heads who will smash and grab if they even see a used sock laying there visible, my go bag is small as there is not much room for keeping it out of sight in a Suburu Forrester. I have a pair of lightweight running shoes so I can walk home in comfort. (I’m good for @ 10 miles). A N95 mask, a pump type (MSR) water filter and a smashed empty gatoraid bottle for water. In my car I have multiple pocketknives and headlamps I can grab when it’s time to go.