What gives the most flood among the multi-emitters?

My DRY Turbo or Skyray King can’t compete with the sheer output of my 9x T6 lights.

I was in store a couple of weeks ago and tested and played around with a number of multi emitter lights, including the Skyray King, Fenix TK75, Sunwayman T60CS, Ultrafire UF-T70, Ultrafire UF-T90, Jetbeam RRT3 3 xml, and I also have the Trustfire TR-J18 and 3T6. If you want flood in a multi-cell light, the Jetbam RRT3 had by far the largest spill/flood of any of these lights, and it’s a cool light with magnetic ring and reasonable throw.

The beam profile is very interesting, it’s shaped like an atom (you’ll know what I mean if you look it up on the internet). Because of this shape/design it produces a massive spill, kind of ugly indoors, but highly practical outdoors if you want to light up everything around you, not too mention it should have some decent throw.

im on the same boat as tatasal. ive also been hunting for a light thats floodier than my tk70.
i will be keeping an eye on this thread fo sho!
i almost bought the 9xml’s like 20 times, but resisted all 20 hahah. i just wasnt convinced that it is floodier.
that jetbeam got my interest for now though…

You know what my friend, we really are in the same boat! I have bid two days ago on a 9xt6, then cancelled it, then re-bid yesterday!
Will the 9xt6 out-flood our TK70? If not, what are those?

At what distance did you test the light that you mentioned?
When you say it was shaped like an atom, do you mean like a mushroom cloud from an atomic blast?

You want flood? Just remove the reflector: 15,000 Lumen Bridgelux C9000 Light Engine

Even with the reflector it will out flood anything out there…

Since most of the multiemitter lights dont have heads bigger tham 80mm or so, the more emitters they cram in them the smaller each reflector will be for each led. Smaller reflectors means more flood so the 12 xm-l light with an 85mm head will be floodier than a 3 xm-l light with a 105mm head like a tk-70. It has to be.

Flood, it does… but you’ll need a small flashlight to use it!

The TN30 has excellent flood…

+1 Exactly what I was getting at.

Remove reflector, ultimate flood :wink:

Not sure if it has the most flood but I have always been impressed by the TRJ12.It isn’t that expensive and mine has held up well using two 26650.It certainly hasn’t had an easy life at the cabin!

The TR-J12 is a wonderful light and doesn’t disappoint. It was one of my more powerful lights a few months back during Hurricane Sandy. Having to go outside during the night after an Oak tree hit the house, it lit everything up to such a degree, the lineman asked to use it because their flashlights were pretty much worthless.

Watch this video at 5:52 for an idea. More like Mickey mouse. I tested all the lights against a white wall at around 5m, even at that distance it was noticeably larger, but ugly.

Goingprepared also did a good outdoor beamshot:

Since so many here, can anyone advice me which to get?

Just ordered 1 set “9x cree xml T6” minutes ago.

Still have 3 sets to go…All order same or get other?
Get the x100 (due to the size/deeper bezal of throw)? or those 12 xml? or another 9xmls? or BTU?

OR: x100 VS 9xml, which throw further? (guess 9xml is brighter from what i read)

Hope i am not off topic, all are multi emmiters lights too…

Hi Cop,

The 9x and 12x lights are not throwers, but produce a wall of close range light. If you want great throw, but also a very good amount of flood, I believe the BTU would be great. There are threads around on all the lights you list. May be better to look them all over before you decide.

My usage is just flood light that can cover bout 150 to 250 meters should be ok.
i am also looking at BTU, smaller size.
But then, x100 serve as a weapon too…

hey tatasal, have you seen richies beamshots of his ak47? i think thats the light we need, it certaintly looks floodier than our tk70, plus it very bright.

also ,you make want to also look at the sl3 with 9 amp thread, that light has potential to be floodier than our tk70 as well, and in a small package!

I once owned a Shadow JM26. I sold it for I found it weird in design because you cannot use a KingKong 26650 flat-top without a magnet, but you can’t also use a KK raised-top either. As for the 3xml SL3, a 9-amp model will give a lot of heat for a head its size, don’t you think?

Yes, I have seen the beamshots and they are very revealing. I am currently dealing with 9xt6 suppliers, I have not fully decided yet.

I think this is good. Very floody beam.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=41

Good dealer.

http://www.doingoutdoor.com/jetbeam-ddr30-3cree-u3-led-3200-lumens-flashlight-p-235.html