What 'good' 26650's??

Banggood will ship to the US? I thought they stopped doing that.

I know Gearbest won’t. In fact, I ordered a bunch of 30Q’s from the US warehouse and they refunded me and sent a letter saying they couldn’t ship. I asked them why bother to advertise selling batteries from the US warehouse if you can’t ship them within the US. No response. The only thing I could think of is, they didn’t actually have them in the US even though they showed over 100 pcs in stock.

I had the same issue with the US warehouse 30Q deal.

I kind of dug into that until I got a reasonable response. First few times was the same stock copy paste answer. Then finally they told me that they still had plenty in stock in the US warehouse; however, new changes to [shipping company]'s policies would not allow them to ship anymore out.

Presumably once they find a simple work around, if they haven't already, they will start shipping them out again.

Their “work around” is staring them right in the face. It’s called the US Postal service. You’d think someone at the US warehouse would know this…sheesh

Hmmmm, all I know is I placed my order & they took my money. :money_mouth_face:
But according to what you all have written I may be in for an unpleasant surprise in the near future though…… :person_facepalming:
I guess at this point I’ll just wait and see. :question:

They will always take your money…lol… You should know within the next few days (hopefully). Keep us posted if you wouldn’t mind.

The US Postal Service says Li-ion cells don’t ship unless installed in a device. People lie, of course, but if something happens….

You sure? I buy batteries all the time from Liionwholesale and IMRbatteries with no problem. They always come with a “Lithium Ion Battery” sticker on the outside of the box. They just have to ship ground if I’m not mistaken. Bought a few 16340’s and 18350’s last week.

edit… I just looked it up. Installed in a device is only for International shipping. Domestic only has to include a lithium ion label.

All shipments containing lithium batteries or cells (standalone, packed with or installed in equipment) must include markings (or a lithium battery handling label) and documentation that indicates:

Whether the package contains lithium metal or lithium ion batteries or cells.
Potential of a flammability hazard if the package is damaged.
The special procedures to be followed in case the package gets damaged.
A telephone number for additional information.

Shipments that only include button cell batteries that are already installed in equipment do not need to display any marks or labels or be accompanied by any document. Additionally, no markings or documentation are required for packages that include up to 4 cells / 2 batteries (lithium ion or lithium metal) that are already installed in the equipment they power.

Air shipments, including Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express, can include a maximum of 2 batteries or 8 cells when they contain standalone lithium ion cells or batteries, or lithium cells or batteries packed with or contained in equipment.

I ship all the time, the USPS requirements are that Li-ion cells be inside a device. I know they get shipped in the little plastic boxes, and all sorts of ways, but the rules at USPS are quite clear. Even on Click-and-ship. The people at the counter usually ask if the package has Li-ion cells, and if you say yes, they ask if they are inside a device for protection against water damage and/or crushing. Just because the rules are always broken, doesn’t change the rules.

There are a lot of fine details, but primarily…

1. When a mailpiece limitation of 8 cells or 2 batteries is applicable, a mailpiece may contain either 8 cells or 2 batteries, not both.
2. Each cell must not contain more than 1g lithium content.
3. Each battery must not contain more than 2g aggregate lithium content.
4. Each cell must not exceed more than 20 Wh (watt-hour rating).
5. Each battery must not exceed 100 Wh.
6. Each lithium metal or lithium alloy cell or battery must not exceed 0.3 gram of lithium content.
7. Each lithium-ion or lithium polymer cell or battery must not exceed 2.7 Wh.

Yes, they are to marked ground only, no air, which throws 2-Day Priority Mail out.

General description of mailing rechargeable Li-ion cells through the USPS is as follows…

General. The following additional restrictions apply to the mailability of all secondary lithium-ion or lithium polymer cells and batteries:
The watt-hour rating must not exceed 20 Wh per cell.
The watt-hour rating must not exceed 100 Wh per battery.
Each cell or battery must meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, part III, and subsection 38.3 as referenced in DOT’s hazardous materials regulation at 49 CFR 171.7.
All outer packages must have a complete delivery and return address.
All packaging must meet all applicable requirements specified in 49 CFR 173.185.
Except for mailpieces containing button cell batteries installed in equipment (including circuit boards), or no more than 4 lithium-ion cells or 2 lithium-ion batteries installed in the equipment they operate, mailpieces containing lithium-ion batteries must bear markings that indicate that the package contains lithium-ion cells or batteries; that the package is to be handled with care and that a flammable hazard exists if the package is damaged; that special procedures must be followed in the event the package is damaged, to include inspection and repacking, if necessary; and a telephone number for additional information. Mailers may use a DOT-approved lithium battery handling label, in domestic air or surface transportation, to meet these marking requirements provided all required elements are included.
Except for mailpieces containing button cell batteries installed in equipment (including circuit boards), or no more than 4 lithium-ion cells or 2 lithium-ion batteries installed in the equipment they operate, mailpieces containing lithium-ion batteries must also be accompanied by a document that indicates that the package contains lithium-ion cells or batteries; an indication that the package is to be handled with care and that a flammable hazard exists if the package is damaged; an indication that special procedures must be followed in the event the package is damaged, to include inspection and repacking, if necessary; and a telephone number for additional information.

Notice the discrepancy regarding “20 Wh” in line 4 vs “2.7Wh” in line 7? As with most things government, there are enough contraindications to pretty much flag anything. Tricky, as I don’t know that I’ve ever received Li-ion cells fully meeting the requirements.

So now you know. (part of the story, there’s a lot more)

I read that it is ok to ship individual cells domestically as long as they are labeled and packaged properly.

“apply to the mailability of all secondary lithium-ion or lithium polymer cells and batteries:
Mailers may use a DOT-approved lithium battery handling label, in domestic air or surface transportation, to meet these marking requirements provided all required elements are included.”

49 CFR 173.185 states.

Lithium cells or batteries, including lithium cells or batteries packed with, or contained in, equipment, must be packaged in a manner to prevent:
(i) Short circuits;
(ii) Movement within the outer package; and
(iii) Accidental activation of the equipment.

So that means, UN test approved individual cells (like samsung, LG, Panasonic,etc…) in a plastic box, inside a cardboard box with a warning label is ok to ship domestically. I’ll try and get Jon from Liionwholesale to come here and confirm since it’s his business to know.

Usually high amps cells are low resistance and perform well for our single cell DD lights - do you think that's true of the IJOY's? I just eyeball'd compared to HKJ's EFEST IMR 26650 4200 2016 discharge curves at 10A and 15A and the IJOY is clearly above the EFEST in voltage along the curves. Wow - could beat the LK's... Want to find other quicker sources - FT doesn't have them in stock - they say 5 biz days to ship.

, sorry?

Do you mean the quality of IJOY INR26650 cells is inconsistent?

Battery Musing: What makes A123 batteries different? - Post #21, quote from Mooch:

75/80A? What's that? Chinese amps rating? :-)

Tom E, just go ahead and order the batteries. FT's stock information acuity is a pile of crap craps shoot, the product may actually be available at (cough, cough) their warehouse.

The actual difference in internal resistance between the LiitoKala 26650s and the IJOY INR26650s may be comparable to that of HE2s versus VTC5As, I believe. In order for such a difference to be noticed on a flashlight, most current path bottlenecks may have to be optimized.

Cheers ^:)

No, Tester is inconsistent.

Max working temperature of that cell is +60 Degree Celsius (from manufacturer specs), and tester is testing it at +77 Degree Celsius.

"At 30A continuous the temperature rose to 77°C. This is just below the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating at its true rating."

Not very good way to test li-ion.

[quote] Battery Musing: What makes A123 batteries different? - Post #21, quote from Mooch:

75/80A? What's that? Chinese amps rating? :-) [/quote]

A123 that is very old nanophosphate 3.2V low mAh battery. Very high current but pretty much useless for individual use at about 3V under load.

FYI A123 Systems was US Company ( technology developed here in USA, Massachusetts) Not from China R&D , sorry :(

I read at one of aliexpress product reviews about LK 26650 50A and 50B difference.
“Good, the new type 50B has less capacity in beginning, but increase from 4600 to 5100 after 2-3 charge cycle. Thought there was issue, turns out all OK! Thanks. (500mA test)”
Buyer is Australian, maybe BLF member too?

OK, here is an update on the battery order.
Banggood site “says” they have been shipped and a tracking number was given.
That is all I know at this point though. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and see what actually happens…… :wink:

Got my shipping notice and tracking # from BG too, qty 4 LK's w/coupon 975e07, under $20. So far so good...

We were referring to the gearbest 30Q deal from the US-LA warehouse.

Banggood seems to be fine as far as shipping liion is concerned. I got my shipping notification for my Liito’s as well. A few weeks ago ordered a couple KP26650 that shipped and arrived fine… Not great condition though.

Here you go Dale. Totally legal to ship USPS as long as they are packaged properly and labeled, and don’t have to be in a device. The usps counter people don’t know the difference between lithium ion (that contains no lithium metal), and lithium metal batteries.

As I said before, Gearbest’s US to US shipping solution is staring them right in the face.

I have to agree on these as well

Lol!! That is my hometown dealer,yes,they will and have shipped L.Ions to me but now I just go to the warehouse and pick it up! Jon is a great guy and their prices and customer service is hard to beat!

I completely agree with you guys also.