What is the best budget flashlight?

Alright, I'm sticking with nimh and I think I will go with the "Hugsby P31":http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hugsby-p31-ha-iii-cree-q3-wc-160-lumen-led-flashlight-with-clip-1-aa-35078 for $14. It's only 160 lm but for $14 I will sacrifice a bit because losing a $70 light kind of sucked. Reviews show decent throw so it should be enough. The issue is that we rig a lot of lighting gear and sometimes high in trees.It could be 100ft or more.

Unless anyone can recommend anything else in this size I will place an order tomorrow.

Many Thanks. Im having a good time reading the forums.

edit: any thoughts on this?

Update: I picked up a flashlight.
I found a seller on ebay that sold me everything I needed.
Silver/Grey Solarforce L2 (2010 version)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-SELLER-NEW-Solarforce-Flashlight-Body-L2-2010-Version-Silver-Grey-/130724064284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6fc2ec1c
Ultrafire XM-L LED T6 3-Mode P60 drop in (H/L/S)
Trustfire 18650 batteries
XTAR MP1S single bay charger
The seller’s name is Steve.
He’s really helpful and gave me a good deal.

Thank you everyone for all the advice!

Just FYI, that’s not an authentic solarforce body, and probably not genuine “ultrafire” drop in. But most “ultrafires” on the net aren’t the real thing. They’ll probably work fine, though.

IMO, the best budget light is for EDC is the xeno e03 nw. It’s better made than the cheapo stuff and current regulated instead of pwm electronics. ITP used to be the best value but they dropped some of their better models (like C7t) now that Olight reabsorbed them.

+1

You should also consider the beam style you want

XRE - pencil or razor type thrower in an Ultrafire G4 MCU (looks like a C8)

XML - mostly flood, hard to see any center spot outside - LOTS of light is the driver is set up to draw heavy (like 2.5+A), and it can be very efficient with good low modes

XPG - good balance between throw and flood with good sized spot and very usable spill (good choice for a P60 unless you really want flood)

Don’t know about that particular manufacturer but suggest you consider a package with battery and charger. My son got a C8 from TMart that was stocked in a USA warehouse and is very bright as delivered. I’ve see a whole package for about $20 give or take a couple dollars in the past.

EDIT - just got home from surgery and see you bought the ebay SF - congrats, and welcome to BLF!