What is the big freaking deal with the HD2010?

Just kissed my record copy of Der Ring des Nibelungen

Does this count? :santa:

guys and how you conduct yourselves. Even though we have our disagreements we don’t resort to superfluous nasty name-calling unlike that dipstick Scaru. :open_mouth: :beer: :open_mouth:

:wink:

Really?

On that HD2010 extended tube and such others do you ever knurl them? I know doing it right can be a real PITA depending on your rig’s overall rigidity.

Reading all the discussions and reviews on the HD2010 I decided to buy one myself from TMART. I ordered the unbranded unit which cost aorund $Au25 after using a $5 discount coupon. I haven’t yet received it but look forward to testing it out when it does arrive. I’ve got some other C8s with XML which work really well. My expectation is that with a 26650 Trustfire that it should perform slightly better than my best C8.

My main reason for buying it was an excuse to get a 26650 torch as I dont have any now. Should be interesting as I always enjoy yet another torch to try out :slight_smile:

I have resisted this temptation………………(so far).

While i like it, my 1 gripe about the HD2010 is that the driver is not regulated. DD On high? I don't feel comfy putting my IMR2665s in anything that's not regulated. For me I feel compelled to upgrade the driver for it to be a more useful flashlight. It's a cheap hooker, nice to look at, performs like a champ, not very refined, and precautions must be take when in use. You might get a unexpected burning sensation playing with the thing.

just my $0.02. CAD currency obviously.

I can't speak for anyone else, but a live center (and steady rest, depending on length of work) keeps the deflection to a minimum for my setup.

The other key is to turn the material to a diameter that works for the pitch of the wheels being used.

Unfortunately my rig is old, not real ridged and isn't the size it should be, and the same goes for the bloke using it.

Thanks for asking.

if one of them started burning up then they wouldnt be getting all the hype here :slight_smile: