What is your favorite headlamp?

Tell me about it! I paid only about 30€, still a waste since that money buys much better lights!

Don’t do this. There was a guy a number of years back who did similar with a surefire which exploded while he had it in his mouth. Mismatched cells are dangerous. Running them individually is okay though, maybe get a single cell CR123 light?

My 65 headlamps so far :laughing:
Bold means my favorite atm:

Acebeam H17
Acebeam H30 —->the brightest(but unfortunately aslo the heaviest of all)
Acebeam H40
Acebeam H50
Acebeam H60 —->very floody, very nice color, great design
Armytek Wizard pro V3
Armytek Wizard WR —->Very powerfull and throwy red light
Astrolux HL02
Black diamond Storm 375lm
Black diamond Storm 400lm —->RGB, great runtime(4xAAA),touch sensitive housing,…
Boruit D10
Fenix HL40R
Fenix HL55
Fenix HL60R
Fenix HM60R —->Very nice looking, stride frequency sensor, 2 mode aux white(high cri)
Fenix HM65R
Imalent HR20
Imalent HR70
Jetbeam HR25
Jetbeam HR30
Klarus H1A titanium
Klarus HR1 plus
Led lenser H7R Core
Lumintop HL18
Lumintop HL3A
Magicshine MOH15 —->Light weight,comfortable strap,unique rotating head, very powerfull red beam
Manker E02 II
Manker E03
Manker E03 II
Nebo Transcent 1500
Nitecore HA23
Nitecore HC65
Nitecore HC65V2 —->Overal great headlamp and nice looking
Nitecore HU60
Nitecore NU20
Nitecore NU25
Nitecore NU35
Nitecore UT32
Olight H1
Petzl Tactikka
Princeton tec Sync
Silva MR350
Silva scout X
Skilhunt H03C RC
Skilhunt H04 RC
Skilhunt H04R RC mini
Sofirn D25S —->Great powerfull light for mtb(mounted at my bike helmet)
Sofirn HS05
Sofirn HS10 —->Nice color and beam,very comfortabel and light weigt, cheap
Sofirn HS20
Thrunite th20
Thrunite TH02 red outsider
Trustfire H5R
Trustfire MC12
Walther pro HL11
Wuben H1
Wuben H3
Wurkkos HD15
Wurkkos HD20
Xtar H3W Warboy
Ylp Panda 2M CRI
YLP Panda 4.0 —->My favorite of all atm, great UI,best looking of all, best beam and color of all
Zebralight H503W —->Everything is great on a zebra
Zebralight H604D —->Everything is great on a zebra

1 Thank

No, no, no, don’t ever get the F version, the flip diffuser is terrible. I ordered 16pcs as a dealer and requested free H04R conversions lens kits due to the light leakage into your eyes. The diffuser sits on top of the bezel and light escapes around the edges, also the diffuser hinge is transparent/clear which collects the light and does the same thing.

The Nitecore HC65 V2 uses 6500K with the spill measuring in at 7600K. The warm high cri aux is quite dim, so you’re stuck with only cool white. I prefer the Cyansky HS6R with it’s main spot at roughly 4600K and it has 3 levels to it’s 4000K high cri flood beam which is way more useful

Agree,the aux isn’t that powerful and main light is cool tint, but it still has a huge amount of light.
I have always found that cyansky looks cheap(almost like a boruit) and very expensive.Also it performs below specs.Sorry, just my opinion :wink:
That new hm60r has very bright aux and 2 levels

That’s okay.

The most important thing to me is that it punches above its candela rating and matches the HC65 V2

Nitecore - 10,450 cd = 199m at 5m
Cyansky - 10,378 cd = 198m

Quite a bit higher build quality than Boruit and looks nothing like them lol. I’m a dealer for both Nitecore and Cyansky, but of course it still comes down to personal preference :slight_smile:

I’m reviewing the HC65 V2 and will have aerial drone beamshots of both :smiley:

That would be awesome!
Maybe I would buy that cyansky in the future if price drops, but 85€ (cheapest I can find) is too much for me

Wow, that’s an impressive list of headlamps Overload! Do you have group picture of them?

I’ll post one tomorrow :wink:

Ah, I always forget about the price they sell them for. I get wholesale rates and drop prices to $66 on special incl a 3500mAh protected cell instead of their 2600mAh.

Including my coupon it brings the Cyansky price to $67, but then it still comes with the low capacity cell.

Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up!

I admit I wanted it almost solely for the flip diffuser. Thought it’d be convenient to change flood to throw with a simple flip and get rid of additional weight of a secondary emitter / optic.

Guess I’ll have to make a decision on throw vs flood then.

I have a comparison of them both uploading for you. I’ll share it shortly

Left: Skilhunt H04
Right: Skilhunt H04R

Both in XML2 5000K

How are the buttons to push for you? I read they are too stiff and should fix in the next batch…

Yes, they are really stiff.Mine became a little bit softer from playing(searching out) with the UI

5 Thanks

That’s impressive seeing them all laid out, thanks for sharing. How do you store them all? Headlamps are my favorite and most practical gadget I own after my cell phone. I think they make more sense compared to flashlights as they are hands free and harder to lose.

1 Thank

3 Thanks