What is your favorite headlamp?

EXCELLENT!
Your secret addiction is safe with us.

Thanks for posting the picture Overload! You have an incredible collection of headlamps! :beer:

Itā€™s a funny thing about Best Headlight/ Flashlight ā€”- To me itā€™s the best available at the moment ā€”- I have a House, A Camp , Truck, Work Van ā€” I put several lights here and about, but Iā€™m not putting my best of anything in my vehicles ā€”- today I was at the In-Laws ā€”- I had to fix some stuff behind her computer desk ( yes I came out alive ) ā€” The little $10 Olight AAA headlight/ Nichia 4000k (Truck Console ) work perfectly and I was glad I had it

These same little Head Lights, I have converted at least two dozen to Green light for the hunters in the family (and their friends ) ā€”- they work perfect for getting to the stands in the early morning and even getting out in the evening ā€” Very low lumen on low, light weight and cheap enough to loose or damage

1 Thank

Olight AAA headlamp?

Looks like theyā€™re no longer available

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32831397174.html

THAT is an IMPRESSIVE collection!

1 Thank

Very cool! I see your choice in light reflects an active lifestyle.

1 Thank

Quoting the image since it wonā€™t clutter the thread as much, but thanks so much for listing all of your headlamps individually and highlighting your favorites. Epic collection and very useful post!

It surprises me that few people seem to mention this one. From my research it has some of the highest sustainable brightness.

Overload has prepared himself and half his town for a pending power shutdown

Itā€™s actually user Overload with the headlamp collection.

My current favorite headlight is the Sofirn HS20, but Iā€™m hoping that the upcoming headlight from Convoy that is loosely based on the HS20 will be better. :+1:

3 Thanks

I only own a few headlamps so far and I donā€™t imagine them to anywhere close to perfect, but from the few that I have, I like the Wurkkos HD15 the best, but with a honorable mention of the Manker E03H (first variant/revision).

What I really like about the HD15 is the option to switch between the spot LED/TIR, wide angle LED/TIR and the use of both at the same time. The wide angle beaded TIR is super usefull for work upclose (arms length), but you still retain the option to also use the headlamp for things a bit further away.
I have the 5000K option, which is fine, but (as to be expected) the LH351D and SST-20 are both a bit green, certainly at lower modes, so I might swap out one (or both) LEDā€™s for something better.

I also really like the Manker E03H (V1.0) for close up work, especially because of the used Nichia 219b (or was it 219c?!?) 4000K LED, which has a beautifull tint. The ā€œbuild inā€ (clipped on) diffuser has also proved to be usefull several times. The downside for me is the limited runtime due to the fact that you can only use regular or rechargable AAā€™s and not a 14500. Not saying that a 14500 wouldā€™ve better runtimes, itā€™s just a shame that I canā€™t use them. (The E03H II is able to use 14500 batteries, if I remember correctly.)
The other downside of the E03H is the fact that the included head band started to loose elasticity after a short while. So far Iā€™ve been able to compensate for that by adjusting the head band, but you obviously run out of room for adjustment at some point. (And given the fact that the E03H uses a specific rubber mount for the head lamp, you canā€™t just throw a ā€˜generalā€™ head band on it.)

If the Emisar D2 is still currently your favorite, what emitters have you tried, and what did you like/dislike?

And any thoughts on the DW4, other than it being heavy?

Nice collection, Iā€™m surprised they have headbands! Have you found any headbands that stand out?

1 Thank

Zebralight H501

1 Thank

Zebralight H600Fd III
Use it regularly, very robust.
UI is OK once you get used to itā€¦have to be careful not to accidentally use H1 level

Nitecore HC50
Mounted on my hard hat. The red aux option is sometimes useful
Donā€™t like having to align the pin when screwing the tailcap back on.

Olight H1 Nova
Donā€™t love the NW beam, but it is small, lightweight and robust.
Came in a really nice case that sits in my toolbox.
Grabbed it last night to switch the battery in my daughterā€™s car.

1 Thank

Iā€™ve got 4 D2ā€™s so far and love all of them :grin:

Black color:

Nichia 519A 5700k dedome(flood optic)/Osram W1(spot optic)

White color:
Nichia 519A 4500k dedome(flood optic)/Osram W1 AMBER(spot optic)

Grey color:
519A 2700K dedome(flood optic)/519A 5700K dedome(flood optic)

Green color:
519A 4000K dome(spot optic)/SST20 deep red 660nm(flood optic)

2 Thanks

4 Thanks

If the red version was still available, Iā€™d buy another.One with 519a 4500 domed spot lens and 4500k dedomed flood lens

2 Thanks

Thank you for sharing!

I currently have two D2 (also my favourite headlamp):

• 519a 3500K domed flood, sst20 DR flood
  • 219b 4500K spot + dc-fix, 519a 3500 dedomed flood.

I am thinking about adding a third, very similar to what you are thinking, just wider CCT range:

• 519a 5700K domed spot, 519a 2700K dedomed flood

Would you mind sharing a beamshot comparison of your 519a 4000K domed spot vs 519a 5700K dedomed flood versions?

1 Thank