What is your favourite light at the moment?

What code are you talking about?

No… a small reflector that reflects less light OTF, and lets more direct light from the LED “escape” is going to be more efficient than a large/deep reflector. This is due to reflective losses from the mirror surface.

As far as Lumen emission goes, the most efficient optical design is going to be just the bare LED. The more reflected emitted lumens there are, the greater the loss. I am 99% sure any reflective surface is going to absorb SOME light. No “typical” reflector is 100% efficient.

The phrase “all else being equal” here simply can’t apply in the real world. A large / deep dish reflector light is going to have more mass and greater heat sinking/radiating capability and thus greater cooling capacity than a small reflector host. So losses due to thermal efficiency will be one un-avoidable variable to the overall comparison.

Basically what was said above the reflector size has a lot to do with it. The m1 has a orange peel reflector and slightly smaller then the x6 reflector which is smo and then the c8 has a bigger and deeper reflector then both of them. If you put one in a l2/l6 smo would probably get 2300+ lumens I would guess the m1 would probably match the astrolux s2 if/when I get a ar glass for it. They are roughly little over 100 lumens apart out the front. The astrolux s2 has a ar glass

Wow thats really cool… BIG led on a stick!!

JAXMAN E3 4000°K
Got it on Friday and it already is my most loved light right now! :+1:

Undoubtedly it's CRX's Carbon Fibre & Brass Flashlight (CRX-1000p).

A unique piece of art! :LOVE: :LOVE: :LOVE:

the one in the middle with a Nichia 219b :slight_smile:

My favorite is an LD60 that I bought used here, from a BLF member, I know it isn’t the greatest light, but for me it was a breakthrough quality powerful light (for me) at a price that I could afford. The LD60 will keep me satisfied until I get one of the great lights coming out in the next few years, for instance something like an updated TK75, or whatever will be out there in 3 years or so.

Your clock is showing the wrong date.
It is 2017 by now. :partying_face:

My grey DQG Tiny 26650 in neutral white. I just love this form-factor, its output, and versatility. I was fortunate, seeing as there are no QC issues on this or my black CW version.

My favorite is my Astrolux SC 3B. It’s just a gorgeous light. I have a Convoy stainless clip. Tried a Reylight titanium clip, but I couldn’t screw the tail cap on :frowning:

I don’t have too many lights, and nearly all have a purpose.

Blf A6 3D… Because it’s awesome. Have the shorty tube too.
Astrolux S2 3B. Great edc thrower.
Convoy M2 with an MT-G2 and MTN FET driver. 6.55a at the tail. Sucks those little 18350s dry.
Niteye ec-r16 tiny rechargeable 18350 XPL light. It’s my travel light. Taking it to Europe on a few months. Wish it was neutral white though.
Itp A3 eos Keychain light with a 10440. Bright little sucker. With me at all times.

Pretty much the only light i barely use is a Convoy X3. It’s pretty though, but too big to edc… And the astrolux S2 kicks its ass these days

the next one.

Is it just me or does it always seem that it’s the next one that’s a favorite? Even if only for a little while till, yet again, the NEXT ONE comes… :wink:

I forgot to mention my favorite headlamp. It’s the Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50. I use it almost every day working in my home office / electronics shop.

I love my wizard, and 1/2 tempted to buy the newer version. Warm white goodness!

Right now, probably the S2+ I built with a XP-L HI V2 3D tint w/ SMO reflector bypassed springs on Bistro.

Where can I buy SMO reflectors for the S2+?

Nitecore MH20W. Hope next version Nitecore will use Nichia 219C.

In the Convoy AliExpress store when it opens after the :

Spring Festival holiday time:

January 11, 2017 to February 15, 2017

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-12mm-SMO-reflector-with-XPL-gasket-for-Convoy-S2-S3/32728224955.html

Or if you’re picking up anything from BG, you can also get them there.

http://m.banggood.com/20x12mm-Flashlight-Smooth-Reflector-For-Convoy-S2S3-With-XPL-Gasket-p-1088827.html

Great, Thanks