What knife do you have on order?

You're welcome!

I got some picture-posting help from NightCrawl, and posted pix of my 3 favorite Cerakoted Solarforce lights over here, while placing the BLAME for my Solarforce fetish on FOY:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/11320#comment-229997

This is sitting in NY right now. Last thing I got from china post took 2 days to get to NY, sat in NY for a week and then got to me in a couple of days or so. We’ll see how long this takes.

http://www.exduct.com/Special-Limited-Products/SP-EL04MCT-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

Not entirely certain this will even be legal for me to carry in WI. Law seems a bit vague to me. Might be too big to carry anyway. Not sure if this will really be what I want but should be a great knife to have on my motorcycle trips in any case.

My current EDC is a SRM 704. I just thought the axis lock would be cool to see. Perhaps a little larger than the 704 would be OK for EDC? Other recommendations?

Wade

Thanks, the most amazing thing about the Opinels is the weight. Only 30 g that's 1.06 ounces... pretty light for a 18,5 cm knife. With only a 1mm spine and high polished stainless sandvik steel ... I expected some awesome slicing capabilities.

Blade Length: 8 cm
Length Closed: 10,5 cm
Length Open: 18,5 cm
Weight: 30 g / 1.06 ounces

Really like the feel of this in my hand. Am thinking about making this my new EDC. However, it only took me a few minutes of playing with it (this is my first axis lock knife) to realize that it is pretty murky legal territory for me in WI to own this knife.

OTOH, this is a tool for me. I do not intend to ever use it as a weapon. Is it really a risk to carry it?

Suggestions for something as good as this knife in a liner lock?

Thanks,

Wade

PS. as others have said, that axis lock spring is stiff. Some skin missing;-) Does not bother me though as, other than the initial play time, this won’t be an issue in normal use. Stiffness of spring likely to be more of a plus than a minus.

L05-1 comes to mind.

There’s always the EL-08 if a frame lock is OK.

SanRenMu / Land WR5-905

A link please…?

I want to buy a “good” knife for up to 30$. I was considering this one. Will it sustain sea water?

thanx

SRM Pocket Knife - SP-710

Ganzo Pocket Knife - SP-G704

SRM Pocket Knife - SP-763

I just placed this order. I am planing to keep the 710 for edc and gift the other ones. I am also trying to find a proper strong knife up to 30$, not for edc but for fishing, hiking etc…

It’s not a good knife. Those fakes are just display pieces capable of cutting cardboard packages. :slight_smile:

For sea water, you’d need H-1 steel. Spyderco Salt.

The Ganzo G704 is a quite strong folder with excellent ergonomics. In average conditions its rust resistance seems good for me but I have no experience with it in salt water environment.

Thank you both for your replies.

@2100: The Spyderco seems to be the right item for the job. A bit more pricey thought. I will try to find a better price and grab one.

@isti242: The 704 is supposed to be for present, i might think that twice when i will have it on hands :bigsmile:

Tekut LK5070 and Enlan EL-01A on it’s way :slight_smile:

almost accidentally :zipper_mouth_face: i won this knife on ebay. Really hope it worths something! Most likely it will go for a gift to a friend at special ops. …

Please let us know how the ceramic Tekut performs during every day cutting tasks.

Candor Bushlore fixed blade

I have ordered the Ganzo Knife Set

It contains the G701,G702,G704 and G710.

My second knife, a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VC9Y0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Ordered a Navy K631, Inron MY803, Enlan EM-01, and another SRM 710!

I was going to just order a few 710s, but ultimately decided it would be nice to have some variety and see what my next favorite might be

I haven't bought a knife in 13 months, and I love knives! :)

So, I just ordered a Kershaw Shield off of eBay for about $31.

Amazon link, with some good reviews.

Kershaw link, with some nice specs.

I watched eight YouTube videos that focus on the Kershaw Shield...

This is the best video, and it's about 6 minutes long.

In conclusion...

:evil:

O.O whoa super necro bump! lol

I’ll play along….

Hmmm,
I have been on a buying spree (damn bladeforums…. DAMN THEM!!!, lol):
I have a Spyderco Pingo (with a user modded thumb stud!) and a Buck Squire at the moment. As well as a Copper/carbon scale for a ZT0560/561.