What knife do you have on order?

I had a LE Ontraio Rat 1, D2 blade, carbon fiber scales on order. I “received” it yesterday with a little sticker on it with a “received without contents” checked on it. Wrapped in a “apology bag” from the USPS. The box is in the package, but the knife is not. The flap was ripped off, so it didn’t fall out during transport, it was stolen. Had to have been someone in the Post Office which is pretty disturbing. A claim has been submitted, I am “only” going to lose $5 on the deal if it goes through. Anyone ever dealt with a USPS insurance claim?

I watched one of these for months before pulling the trigger:

When I got it, I was like “wow, that was a waste of $10” :disappointed:

In all honesty and fairness though, I knew it wasn’t going to be a Fox or Emerson when I ordered it lol.

I wasn’t expecting much before, but after reading comments here I’ll be impressed if what shows up is anything better than a Popsicle stick sharpened on a brick.

I went ahead and ordered a knife I’m sure I’ll like, a Ganzo G7371-OR. I ordered the orange handle scales, I like the orange on my Ganzo G730, it really stands out.

I have this one on order

I have the stone washed version. It’s a quite pleasent folder so you won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

Thanks isti, I value your opinion

^
+1, me too.

I’ve been wanting one of those. Congrats on the order.

I have one of these. You will be very happy with it. Real quality piece of work all the way around. I would prefer if it didn’t have the label and pic on the blade. Just makes it seem like its trying too hard to seem macho. The knife totally doesn’t need it. I’ll probably eventually sand it off.

That venom looks great. Interesting tip grinding.

Got my Tenacious today and just ordered a Salt, Byrd Raven 2(nice), Endura 4(purple) and a Ganzo G7291-BK.::facepalm::

I have a Ganzo G7291-BK and it’s well worth the price, but the axis-lock prevents it from being carried tip down so I really prefer the Ganzo G730’s Liner Lock.
I used to coach peewee hockey and my team wore purple and black jerseys, I would have jumped on one of those purple Endura’s back then. :smiley:

Just collected this Chaparral CF from the post office.

My first impression:
Razor sharp out of the box, maybe due to th slim 2mm blade profile.
The back lock is very hard to disengaged. Practically a 2-handed closing
Sharp around the edges, including the Spydy hole.
I would have thought Taichung could have chamfered the edges.
Slim and light.

And my recent order of Lionsteel TRE in titanium with blue accent has left Helsinki airport and should be here by this weekend or early next week.
Oh dear! This hobby is spiralling out of control :innocent:

It seems that in gearbest there is a venom, a harnds venom, at $225.51

It’s a shame that they didn’t finish it properly, perhaps the lock will ease up a bit with some lube and use.

Too bad I’m fresh out of points. :money_mouth_face:

I can’t really fault the built quality of this Taichung-made knife, perhaps the more expensive Spydy knives leaving Taichung are much better finished than this.

As is my first back-lock knife, I do hope it will loosen up a bit after break-in or I have to put in some lube there

Yes, a record on a chinese knife. Premium materials, but not for ganzos or sanrenmus buyers.

It is designed and made by Kevin John, and it is usually sold as Kevin John Venom Attacker

I’m sure the Kevin John’s Venom is a nice knife, with high quality finishing and solid build quality, but for that kind of price, most probably I’ll go for a Reate or Kizer if I’m in the market for a premium Chinese knife.
Or am I missing something here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbfZ5nH8Fk

My wife just ordered me a Cold Steel Pro Lite tanto for my father’s day present.

After watching some of there torture test and having several liner lock knives fail (luckily without causing injury) I decided I’d like to try out a knife with their Tri-Ad locking system.