What knife do you have on order?

They cut up a bunch of confiscated weapons for the local police department and they heavily donate to democrats…overwhelmingly.

But the old man recently died, so maybe… as Martha would say…”and that’s a good thing.”

And I did buy the knife off of the secondary market and “it’s simply fabulous, darling.”

Chris

Which old man died? Osborne?

Two things: First, this is in poor taste. Second, you can’t blame Benchmade for accepting a contract to help the police destroy guns that were going to get destroyed anyway.

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, the donations are a legitimate problem. A lot of reasons for these donations have been given. That doesn’t change the fact that the recipients of these donations have either supported or been complicit in a major movement to spread false information, violate the natural rights of Americans, restrict the ability of vulnerable people to defend themselves, and undermine or outright delete part of the Bill of Rights.

This is a special slap in the face given the target audience for some of Benchmade’s products. To discover that some of the substantial money you spent on their product may have gone to advancing that movement against your interests and well-being is a hard pill to swallow.

Kershaw Oblivion 3860!

I ordered a spyderco Spydiechef and my wallet hurt a little (lot). It’s been a long time since I dropped serious money for a knife. Also got incoming a Tenacious Lightweight for $40. The best tenacious is the cheapest tenacious!

I have a Kershaw Leek on the way.

Sure I can. BM could have easily denied the request, arguing that accepting the job would have been anathema to a large segment of their core customer base.

Simple enough.

Then they went out and proudly announced the fact in a news release.

Chris

That's my favorite knife that I have ever owned, even though the blade is only 3" long.

I hope you like it!

Waiting on a Spyderco Efficient. I’m not a Spyderco fanboy but I like this little guy.

With the exception of a little Harbor Freight folding knife, all my folder blades are at least 3 1/2”. I prefer larger blades, but the Leek is so highly regarded every where I read, that I have to try it.

Big blades and high lumens, that’s what I like LOL.

Looks similar to the ZT 456 that I have a clone of (which I think was also manufactured by Green Thorn). Looks like they changed the design a little to make it look more custom. I like it!

Green Thorn Mouse 3 with flipper tab and finger groove

There’s also a version with a, opening hole, Isti likes it a lot.
I have no clue if it is a clone though.

Edit: Slysz Mouse clone

I want it to replace my heavily modded Malyshev Gnome

original

MadMax style with full flat grind and finger groove

super useful on job, with the shortened balde even more so

I will add a lanyard hole to the Mouse3’s backspacer soon, will be interesting to find out, what other modifications will come
Maybe just bronze ano or so…

Got my Kershaw cinder, nice little thing perfect box cutter. Still waiting on my launch 1 clone.

But today I went full potato, gone and ordered me a Cold steel voyager xl serrated tanto.

Talk about one extreme to the other.

After several Schrade SCHA9 spring assisted knives, I finally went for the Kershaw Leek. I love the look of the Schrade, especially in the color-shift, but their quality isn’t great. One refuses to take an edge on its non-serrated portion. Two have forward-backward play because the liner lock is too weak. One of those also had a very loose ball indent, causing it to snap open immediately after the safety was disengaged. None of them had centered blades, though none were horribly off-center either.

Here’s hoping to better luck with the Kershaw!

The Cinder looks pretty nifty, all right. I can see that it would be good for the occasional box. Personally, I cut open so many boxes for work, closing and reopening a liner lock would be too slow. And I won’t work with an open blade in my hand if I can help it. So here are my go-to box knives:

Both of these have spring retraction of the blade. The Martor Smartcut (red one) snaps back to safe position immediately when the thumb is taken off the advance. The Alltrade has a squeeze handle for advance, and if one doesn’t quite squeeze all the way it will retract itself when released, or if squeezed far enough it locks the blade outward and won’t retract until the gray side button is pushed. The Alltrade holds several spare (standard size) razor blades, and the orange button dispenses them one at a time.

If I have to cut the shrink wrap from around a pallet of goods, I need a longer blade; for that job my Boker Kalashnikov auto serves well. Fast deployment and easy to close one-handed against my leg when holding the button down.

Hey longuylander, I like the Leek too but the slippery metal scales worry me. So I put some clear non-skid tape on the spots where my fingertips land and now it feels more secure.

Cheap and cheerful.

Does an Emerson Commander Karambit with green scales count?

REAL STEEL 7781 H6 SPECIAL EDITION II

My first Real Steel knife. I read a lot of good things about them, and that they are similar to Ruike knives. It’s my understanding that they are made in the same Sanrenmu factory, as well.

I bought it from White Mountain Knives out of New Hampshire. I have purchased from their online store a few times. Should arrive on Saturday.

PF714 sand
thanks to Isti for comparaison picture

and PF818 black