What light do you carry?

Hello,

I’m interested in your comments as to what light do you carry.
And why. In what part of the country, if possible.

I carry a cheap, ( 9.00), fairly well made (for the money)
Q5 18650 Zoom,
Titanium color. (hoping it will reflect if I drop it in the dark)
no clip, bad reflector and lens.

Can’t lose it. Sticks to me like a bad scar.
Since I’m an ingrate, I want to replace it.

Hence my interest in your personal carry lights.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments.

Carlos

Well, I used to carry a Convoy S2 with an XM-L T6 4C @ 2.1A with an added deep pocket carry clip. Loved the 4C tint, and the small tube light suits well for EDC duty. I also loved having a floody EDC (I see the need for flood vs. throw probably 95% of the time, and the throw from an XM-L @ 2.1A is still plenty enough). The Convoy lights also hold up to abuse quite well while still being inexpensive.

-Garry

I carry a maratac copper AAA everywhere, in the fall/winter I carry a UF-T50 as well in my coat. I have a convoy s4 I am building up with a triple xpg2 noctigon that will enter rotation when completed.

Its funny how even the little maratac surprises non flashaholics.

Cheap wallbuys zoomie modded with old unused XP-G R4 neutral is as of recently always in my pocket. Klarus P1A was meant for that position but it turned out that it simply isn’t small enough to be comfortable in pocket…

My first LED torch, ultrafire P10 (with nichia 219) is still in my edc bag as reliable companion.

i have a streamlight 2aaa penlight i got for free in my edc bag, along with a tiny 16430 sized ultrafire with xml2 and 3 amp driver (pocket rocket)

i also have a thrunite archer 2aa in my car

Maglite LED aaa. Like just another pen in my pocket, love that thing!

A convoy s2 with an xml2 U2 1a on copper dedomed @3A
A perfect mix of flood and throw in an edc for me

Jetbeam RRT01. With infinitely variable output, it has the exact mode I want from 0 to 600 lumens. It's not the smallest light, but it's smaller than most.

Zebralight SC52c with zl 14500

not a budget light but if i’m carrying one it must be a good one

I carry (EDC) a Moddoolar Pocket from Oveready/Torchlabs with the Triad tailcap. currently running a 3 speed/level 1600L cool white triple xp-g2 Torchlabs head/engine. I have several tubes that support 1x18350, 1x18500, 1x18650, 2x18350, 2x18500 and 2x18650’s (lot’s of choices) and several tail cap options ranging from zero-res shorty twisty and normal size zero-res twisty (both are high amp rated since they are just machined slugs of brass) insert/switch replacements along with the usual McClicky switch options. Everything these folks make is top notch and built like tanks.

Yes, I have a ton of other lights but this is the one I carry. :slight_smile:

I keep my ThruNite T10 + 4 extra Eneloops in my work bag all the time.

Balder HD-1 with XM-L T6 3C and LiFePO4 14500.
Simply perfect for edc, i love it! :heart_eyes:

running Efest IMR10440, all I need

I have a 3 mode sk68 clone with a 14500 in my jacket.
I also have a Thrunite Ti2 on my keychain (alongside with a 5mm button keychain, that was there before the thrunite and just doesn’t takes enough space to want me to remove it :stuck_out_tongue: )
I also carry a spare set of batteries for both the sk as the Ti2 2

In my car I also have a C8 with an extra battery and a brandless headlight (That still needs to be replaced actually)
I also have a portable phone charing lying around in the car with the option to put on a usb led head.

And I also have a pretty bright flashlight on my mobile phone.

Olight I3s with Nichia 219 + Efest 10440

At home or out in the world I carry a XIAOZHI .

At work I carry an ITP A3 EOS Standard ( one mode ) on me and at least one or two other lights to use or show off in my briefcase .

I don’t see any reason to go beyond a quality P60 host for an EDC. The Solarforce L2P is always my #1 choice. Its a price-to-performance standout in that category, and importantly…its upgradeable with a new P60 drop in when new LEDs become available, and they will be. Its customizable with readily available clips, lanyard rings, a variety of black or stainless bezels, different tail caps for some applications. You can spec a drop-in many different ways to meet your needs. It looks good too. There’s a lot of childish looking lights on the market that look more like some sort of sex toy than a flashlight, and the L2P doesn’t look like it was designed by a 12 year old. Its a good size, and its not too expensive if it gets lost or stolen. L2P and you’re done.

That being said, I like the slightly greater floodyness, compact size, and user interface of my Zebralight SC600II better, but its not easily upgradeable, and in my opinion…the day of $100 flashlights is over. Its just too expensive to subject it to every day use and wear.

14650 chopped silver Minimag w/ either single XML or triple Nichia.
10440 solitaire xpg @ 750 mA.
Thrunite T10 Saber 1A BLF model w/ protected 14500, only unmodded light I use.
All 3 stay in my truck with me wherever I go.

Zebralight SC52 Cool White with custom black powder coat + the new Prometheus Keychain light.

This one:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13006

Modded TrustFire F20 with U2-bin XM-L emitter. Nice and bright on 14500. Pocket clip is the best point of this light. Good size for pocket carry. I've lost this light, found it again, Lost it again, found it again... If I ever lose it for good, I would replace it with the same type with the same mod. My only other thought would be to swap the driver with a three-mode 101-AK to lose the blinkies.