What light do you carry?

Olight I3s with Nichia 219 + Efest 10440

At home or out in the world I carry a XIAOZHI .

At work I carry an ITP A3 EOS Standard ( one mode ) on me and at least one or two other lights to use or show off in my briefcase .

I don’t see any reason to go beyond a quality P60 host for an EDC. The Solarforce L2P is always my #1 choice. Its a price-to-performance standout in that category, and importantly…its upgradeable with a new P60 drop in when new LEDs become available, and they will be. Its customizable with readily available clips, lanyard rings, a variety of black or stainless bezels, different tail caps for some applications. You can spec a drop-in many different ways to meet your needs. It looks good too. There’s a lot of childish looking lights on the market that look more like some sort of sex toy than a flashlight, and the L2P doesn’t look like it was designed by a 12 year old. Its a good size, and its not too expensive if it gets lost or stolen. L2P and you’re done.

That being said, I like the slightly greater floodyness, compact size, and user interface of my Zebralight SC600II better, but its not easily upgradeable, and in my opinion…the day of $100 flashlights is over. Its just too expensive to subject it to every day use and wear.

14650 chopped silver Minimag w/ either single XML or triple Nichia.
10440 solitaire xpg @ 750 mA.
Thrunite T10 Saber 1A BLF model w/ protected 14500, only unmodded light I use.
All 3 stay in my truck with me wherever I go.

Zebralight SC52 Cool White with custom black powder coat + the new Prometheus Keychain light.

This one:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13006

Modded TrustFire F20 with U2-bin XM-L emitter. Nice and bright on 14500. Pocket clip is the best point of this light. Good size for pocket carry. I've lost this light, found it again, Lost it again, found it again... If I ever lose it for good, I would replace it with the same type with the same mod. My only other thought would be to swap the driver with a three-mode 101-AK to lose the blinkies.

On my keychain I keep a single AAA Klarus MiX6 Ti.

For jogging, I carry an Xtar WK50

For Hunting I typically have my Eagletac T20C2 MKII

In my truck I keep a Solar Force L2P

When in Central America, I keep a Solar Force Gladiator in my vehicle.

blf mini02 on my keys,

at work edc18650 with xm-l 4c and ld25 driver, either an oem big head d4 with xm-l4c and blf a8 driver or an oem d5 with qlite an xm-l2 5a1 82cri, a8 clone with qlite and 5a1 xm-l2 in my tool box, and as of last night a spark headlight has been added to the vans arsenal due to some unknown unmentioned reprobates from somewhere or other :bigsmile:

at home I either have a xiozhi or trustfire t2, both in nw, both modded depending on my mood and I usually have a c8 sized light in my outdoors jacket for when I need a touch more reach.

in my day sack I keep a modded zyt08, and I keep something decently bright in my landcruiser with one of the good ios ramping drivers, that way I have any brightness I need and an array of attention getting strobes……shame the landcruiser is so dammed reliable, the light only comes out to rotate the cell lol

My favourite EDC changes quite often, at the moment I EDC a Maratac copperAA modded with a Osram Oslon Square 3500K 80CRI led.

trustfire mini on my keychain.

Old Lumens single 14500 mini mag

solarforce L2M in mini mode from MRsDNF

Ultrafire UF-T20 zoomie mod

For my nightly walks a carry a large variety of lights depending on where I decide to walk but usually a multi emitter mod and a super thrower mod. Or my ulrafire T-20 zoomie.

If I had to suggest one Stock budget light over all others it would be the Small Sun ZY-T08 but that is for walking with and not a EDC.

My XIAOZHI also sees a ton of work but my wife stole it and uses it every day at home and for short walks.

Stock light budget picks.

So for a keychain light I would say the trustfire mini is very hard to beat

Around the house the XIAOZHI . (same category as the convoys)

For walks and camping the ZY-T08 is great. (good thrower with nice flood)

Stock wow light would be the BTU Shocker

Best lights for modding.

(Large) J-19 multi-emitter for run time, flood and throw.

(medium) ZY-T08 for MT-G2 or XM-L2

(small) solarforce L2M mini

Straight up super thrower for mod

Ultrafire T-90 XM-L2 6amps great run time with 26650’s.

Small aspheric thrower zoomie

Ultrafire UF-T-20 de-domed XP-G2 3amps (I carry this light a lot)

I live in Northern Michigan and I walk in the woods and use lights for hunting and spotting deer (not shooting deer, just scouting and tracking)

Preon 2 always in a shirt pocket, and a 18650 baton (S2, S4, Olight S20 or similar) in a jacket pocket when outdoors.

I view the Preon 2 as so indispensable that I bought a second one ‘just in case’.

Fenix e-01 in my keychain, Convoy M1 in my pocket. I planned to order Convoy S (omething) to get a little more pocketfriendly light and keep the M1 in my backpack. Hmm, i can still remember the time when i told myself that one (Fenix) is enough, i don´t need more light, just wasting my money… :smiley:

Currently I alternate between an Olight i3s, FourSevens Mini MLR2 and L3 Illumination L10 w/Nikia 219 as my EDC light. I also keep a Solarforce L2 single mode R2 in my car, and a Solarforce Z1 in my daypack.

Of course that’s just for a normal workday, “work and back”. If I have other activities planned, then of course my carry lights may change.

for pocket i usually bring a cheap AA light while my S8 stand by on my bag :slight_smile:

At work I carry a Shiningbeam S-mini xml. The rest of the time I carry an Olight S10. I sometimes change my casual light, but never my work light.

Tank007 E09 w/ 10440 on my keychain. Convoy S2 XM-L2 5B1 w/ qlite @ 3.04A in my bag.

That sounds just perfect! I totally want one!

The one on the left. Its the left hand bar end from a set of Renthalls. The aluminium comes pre knurled.

I carry a PD35 on my belt, and a Fenix LD01 on my keychain.

Those two pretty well cover anything that I will need a light for, in my normal city life.

Another vote for Convoy S2 with XM-L2 T6 4C @ 1.75A with me all the time

@garry, I know your pain :frowning: