What light would you be comfortable using like a hammer?

Mag with match’s six led head is sounding good, maybe machine a stainless sleeve for the outside of the head and make the head deeper so it mounts to more of the battery tube…… Or, get an led mag, machine a stainless sleeve that fits to the tailcap?

Have seen a flashlight advertised as an extra hammer.Will search.

Lennart

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Fritid/Friluftsliv-och-camping/Lampor/Nodficklampa-24921/

This one.Do not ask me how to use it?

Lennart

Better put a Itp a3 in the hollow shaft of a hammer?

Lennart

Get a used Kel light from ebay, they are not cheap, but it’s build like a tank,

Has to be this

other peoples torches.

I would use someone else’s light.

That’s right. I went there.

What light would I be comfortable using like a hammer?

That's easy, any light my brother in law owns.

Nödficklampa? Srsly? You guys are begging us to make fun of you with such names.. :D

Nöd fick lampa = sounds almost like German for "Dont f*ck lamp"

Easy answer ..Bring a small AA light throw the maglight in the trash with it's 4pounds and buy a bigger knife or better yet a hatchet..

Whacking on a smaller knife seems like fun till you break your knife in the wilderness and then a hatchet seems like a much better idea ..i'd rather have a hatchet to cut down a tree with or split wood with than an enlan el01.

in this case the weight of a big dumb light makes no sense .No one needs that much runtime when camping .make a fire if you want light ...or go to bed .

i'm assuming survival means something different than wanting to read all night .or wanting internet access.

Haha…we’ll have no common sense here!

I’m thinking the alum has gotten thinner over the years . . .

Kaito life hammer/flashlight

A stock mag will take a few very good thumps but the head will be the first to crack open,
A moded mag has no place if your looking for a tuff flashlight. If you want a tuff light that
you can submerse , smooth the knurls on a knock off, drive over and back up into a few times,
carve timber, with with a proper drop-in light up your camp site…Surefire Centurion.
I collect all types and have a decent collection going…I do own a few Chinese lights that
cant take a legit beating and work fine.They are few and expensive. As is Surefire.
You get what you pay for in the end…

Youtube has a few video’s with a Mag getting smashed up like pancake… They did destroy a Surefire after
a few tests but .50 caliber rifle will likely eliminate the user first…

i’ve used my romisen rc-t6 before its ok only put few dents in it but it does the job!!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dual-baseball-stick-style-cree-q4-wc-180lm-3-mode-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-3-x-aaa-91578?r=72454787

I WANT TO BUY THIS but with 3x XML skyray king pill in it and 8-10 18650 inside the tube lol…. anyone making a custom ? this would be a perfect and practical flashlight for security job!!

Use this….

King “pill” won’t fit. But thanks for the reminder. I need to upgrade mine with XM-L and 3A driver. Let’s see how it performs… :slight_smile:

do you have the 23 inch version ? ebay and dx isnt 23 inch i want the bigest one :stuck_out_tongue: like normal baseball batt lol