What pocket light throws better than my P12GT XP-L HI ?

Not so… the Eagtac P25 XP-L HI beats the Nitecore P12 XP-L HI, and IMO it’s not even close. Eagtac is smaller more pocket friendly with more power and throw.

No one has mentioned nitecore mh20gt yet. Should fit the bill

Yeah they did, check out post #8. :+1:

Where is this model sold? Can’t find anything like that on Eagtac site. Are you talking about custom mod? I don’t think OP was asking about possible mods…

I think your info is totally wrong Stevedog, recheck it. The OP is asking about Nitecore P12GT XP-L HI.
The P25 comes up short according to the numbers I see.

The Nitecore PT12GT is a great light. I happen to have both Eagtac & Nitecore.

Though their makers publish similar lux numbers, I for one can tell you either Nitecore is overstating their lux or Eagtac is understating theirs.
BLF member reviewed the Nitecore PT12GT Review: Nitecore P12GT from Banggood *Pic Heavy*, and he measured 22.25 Kcd not the Nitecore published 25+Kcd. Visually comparing their beams the Eagtac has a tighter hotspot (more throw) and is brighter, published lumen numbers… Nitecore 1000lm, Eagtac 1160lm.

The Eagtac beats the Nitecore… hands down. More throw and brighter in a smaller more pocketable package.
BTW I got the Eagtac from Illuminationgear, and I have this one http://www.eagletac.com/html/gx30a3d/specs.html incoming.

The Jaxman M8 Aka C8 Mini has a bit larger head but can do 65kcd modded with a FET driver. Stock is 35kcd with the 2.8A driver.

As for tube lights there aren’t many options, the P12GT has a excellent reflector. Maybe the new SMO S2+ reflector can get close but no one has tried it yet.

if you don’t mind larger diameter, check new Acebeam EC60
2000lm
throw 603 meters
beam intensity 90800cd
5000mAh 26650

Surely the S2+ will never throw as well as the S2 does though.

Convoy S2 SMO reflector and NW XP-L HI on a Noctigon with A6 FET driver. Running on a 30Q. Springs aren’t by passed but must still be 1000 lumens + I’d have thought.

Very tight beam compared to the XP-L A6 running the same driver.

OK, my bad; I was going by the manufacturers “published numbers”.
I don’t have the Eagletac & just have the Nitecore P12 / 2015 Version (XM-L2 U2), not the GT.
I may have to get the Eagletac now though……. :person_facepalming: … :money_mouth_face:
You mentioned illuminationGear…. I really like dealing with them. I have never had a problem and they ship almost immediately. :+1:

My Eagletac TX25C2vn DD/SINGLE MODE XPG2 IS 900 LUMENS AND HAS 80Kcd/565m/617yds. of throw!! :+1:

Sweet, that little “vn” at the end changed the game didn’t it? :+1:

I’ve been looking at that one on Skylumen for a while now, if you would a couple questions;
Will it also take a 18350 cell?
Are those numbers with two cells? If so… do you know it’s Kcd with a single cell?
Whats the length with the ext tube?

One IMR 18650. Yes the numbers are w/ 1 cell.

2 X 18350 would be too much voltage.

Ext. tube,if it has one[stock version] you can not use it w/ this light.

Keep in mind that Vinhs numbers are a little lower because he only measures from 7.5m because of space limitation.He measured mine at 65Kcd. I field tested it @ 80Kcd. :+1:

I wouldn’t think the measured cd would change that much past 7.5m. How did you measure?

A very informative post on CPF by “TEEJ” he is VERY knowledgeable and explains it perfectly!

Just to RE-Clarify:

Just because they are measured at 7.5 meters DOESN’T mean they are comparable numbers, EXCEPT at 7.5 m.

The reason is, again, the distance required for the beam to fully form.

This is WHY the 1 m numbers are always low for example on a good thrower, and we back calculate TO 1 m equivalent….and measure at a longer distance.

So if Beam A is fully formed at 6 m, and Beam B is fully formed at 15 m, and BOTH are measured at 7.5 M and back calculated to 1 m (cd), then, Beam A’s cd number might be accurate, and Beam B’s cd number might be lower than it really is.

If both are measured at 7.5 m, and Beam A is fully formed at 10 M, and Beam B is fully formed at 15 M, BOTH cd will be lower than they really are, but NOT necessary by the same amount…or with one 33% less, etc.

The DEGREE of beam formation is NOT necessarily the same, as every beam has its own collimation formation pattern. So, you really CAN’T compare the cd of all of them at 7.5 M UNLESS they ALL form NO FARTHER AWAY THAN THAT.

Well, you can COMPARE them all you want, its the conclusions you’d draw that would be suspect if expecting too fine a differentiation between lights.

The problem is, you’d need to know the cd to know if the light was more, or less, likely to NEED more distance, and, ironically, that’s what you’re trying to find in the first place.

If there’s ONLY 7.5 m max ROOM to measure, ok, its a limiting factor…but try not to over weigh the results when comparing hard throwers to each other unless you DO KNOW the minimum beam formation distance.

Vinh - Can you make a pole/tall mount, to raise the light, or detector, up to, to shine from a longer range, and get a long enough distance to be universally applicable?

You only need the center of the hot spot/max lux spot to measure, the rest doesn’t affect the cd.

That means you can shine it through your front window, and out a back window, to a fence in the backyard, etc….if you have a straight line of sight, for example.

A flagpole type arrangement with a clamp, etc…where you hoist up the flashlight so it points down at your detector, can also work, off your roof, etc, whatever gets you as far as possible.

There is not really a “too far” range issue…once its “far enough”, the cd stays the same. Too CLOSE is the only issue to worry about.

Just wanted something with more throw for my EDC without wearing a holster or shoulder strap.
26650 lights are about as fat as could fit there but their specs arent as good or the bezel is too wide.

Acebeam EC60 as mentioned above, is a very good thrower and not too wide for a 26650 light.

I should image like most things there is simple HUGE variation and any home or small scale privateer numbers should be taken with the appropriate pinch of salt.