What pocket light throws better than my P12GT XP-L HI ?

Beam comparison… my stock 123mm Eagtac P25 XP-L HI w/ 1” head is brighter and out throws my stock 140mm 1” head Nitecore P12GT. It seems that Nitcore overestimated it’s throw while Eagtac has most likely underestimated theirs.

I think the P12GT and P25 have pretty close to maximized the throw for this size of light (stock). Ok, the P25 might be a little brighter, but probably only by 10-15%, not enough, IMO, to buy a whole new light that is similar in most ways. To get significantly more throw, you would need a larger reflector or a modded light with a higher luminance emitter (like dedomed XPG2).

I agree with you, but since we seem to be splitting hairs, and size is paramount… the Eactac is fits in my pocket much much better. Measured hotspot from eleven feet… P12GT - 12”, P25 - 9”

Right,and if 10 people test a light your going to get 10 different measurements.

It is very unlikely that YOU would have an idea that Vinhs measurements are a little low because of his lack of space.I never have seen you on his threads on CPF.I do not believe you own any of his lights.

I can tell you that it MOST certainly seems that my light surpassed 65Kcd.

From 65Kcd to 80Kcd is only a difference of 60 yards of throw!

Here is where I am a fool! Why do I waste time trying to prove something that MOST people on here are going to dispute because this is BLF and I am talking about a modder on CPF!!!

P.S I noticed you did not comment about anything on post # 28! Did you learn anything about measuring lux and the differences that measuring distance creates??

Man, you need to stop ‘Stevedog’; and stop now!!! Pleeeeeaaaasssssseeeee………. :wink:
You are making it almost impossible for me to not get the EagleTac………… :person_facepalming: … :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:
In fact…….
*…
*…
*….
*…
*…

Is THIS the one? It says P25 LC2 not just P25???
Of course it would have the XP-L HI emitter. Which tint, cool?

:+1:

Yes, thats the one… in cool white. A couple things to consider b4 purchase;
No bells or whistles on this model,
Simple UI, no battery voltage indicator, and no overdischarge protection. It’s regulated, I ran my 3500 mah 10 amp protected Panasonic down to 3.3v without any noticeable brightness reduction.

Yes, I am aware that the distance can change the measurement.

Maybe it is 80kcd. All I’m saying is you can probably read a book under 0.20 lux or 0.25 lux, so your “measurement” is just not very precise.

It was never a measurement[of lux], just an educated observation! The only and an important measurement was the DISTANCE by google Earth,which I deem accurate!

If it is not exactly 80Kcd I know it is close and I am very happy with my light!

Lets let the OP and others get on with this thread! :sunglasses:

Can’t argue with this!

TX25C2

I had this the past year and played with it for like a day: used one of my best S4 2B emitters( it was 4.9 amps capable, clean electricaly dedomed)

One will never ever get 80k cds from this light with even 15%–20 better emitter than the one mentioned above( whitch i cound nearly impossible), i could barely reach 62 with VTC5A at 4.21V

Maybe if it was touched by God then maybe….othervise i count this highly unlikely

Manker Godmes T01, Astrolux X5, Nitecore MH20GT.

The T01 and X5 are 14500 lights, share the same reflector (mas o menos) and are exceptional for their size. The MH20GT is also an exceptional light and not much larger than the X5 although it takes an 18650 and can use a high capacity cell for long run times.

If you were wanting more flood than throw, the MecArmy PT16, PT14, PT10 would be excellent examples.

lol! Maybe GOD touched mine because if it was not 80Kcd, it was very very close. If you read the prior posts about different ways/distances of measuring you will see that Vinh measures @ 7.5 meters. He is ALWAYS lower than selfbuilt[10m] and JMP320[9m].

Vinh measured mine @ 65Kcd.

Keep in mind that it is ONLY an additional 65 yards of throw from 65Kcd to 80Kcd…

Lets debate this for another 10 posts!! :person_facepalming:

I have the TX25C2 with a XP-L HI and a FET +1 driver and it blows everything else the same size away easily. I’ll try to post a pic later tonight against a stock Manker T01 and Manker U11 modified with a XP-L HI which are also a good small throwers for comparison.

Regarding my TX25C2vn. I do not believe I mentioned this. Here is the full name! TX25C2vn V3[VERSION 3] XPG2- DIRECT DRIVE/SINGLE MODE.

Direct Drive and single mode. No switch. Battery directly to LED. The least amount of resistance! Activate by twisting tail cap!

I know this. Vinh told me he could see the difference in beam intensity on the whitewall b/w mine and the standard mod. He said it was noticeable and probably 5Kcd to 10Kcd more beam intensity.

He did not have measuring equipment then. JMPAUL320 Did the measuring. Vinh did measure mine last year when I sent another light to get modded and he measured my TX25C2vn.

I believe him when he said he got the most possible out of my light by making it DD/SINGLE MODE.

We will never know,but if mine was tested against the standard mod and other mods that were NOT DD/SINGLE MODE, I am confident mine would have the most CD/THROW.

Here is a pic comparing the Manker T01 XP-L HI stock driver on LI-Ion 14500, The Manker U11 XP-L HI (Modded) stock driver on turbo and EagleTac TX25C2 modded with XP-L HI and FET +1 Driver braided springs and thicker wires…

Control is the side of a local grocery store at about 30 meters or around 100 ft

Here is the comparison pic, all lights are on brightest setting…

@ AlexGT

Nice,The TX25C2 is the leader of its class in various forms! “VN”Mods, XPG2/XPL MODS! :sunglasses:

I simply cannot understand why no one made the BLF Kronos X5 with a 18650 tube before...

That would be the simplest answer for this topic and a bunch of other ones.

Isn’t that a Convoy M1? I think the reflector diameter is almost the same as an X5.

No, neither M1 nor M2. Take a look at the picture below to see a comparison:

The fourth light from left to right would be the X5 with the 18650 tube. Standard Convoys have not the direct/FET driver also, making this new light much more compact and powerful than M1 or M2.

The X5 is more of MH20GT size:

Well, I don’t want to mess the OP’s subject, there’s another thread about this going on here: BLF A6 with X5 reflector, or BLF X5 with 18650 tube (A6 body)